SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    FB friend says Atomic bombing Japan non-combatants was immoral
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FB friend says Atomic bombing Japan non-combatants was immoral Login/Join 
Picture of Shotgun Zeke
posted
He posted this crap last year sometime and I took the bait... Argued for hours. Today, he posts the same shit. Self-loathing Americans are pathetic.

Desperate Times Call for Desperate Measures.

NRA Shotgun Instructor
NRA Rifle Instructor

Posts: 640 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Over in the Lounge there is a discussion regarding the Japs plan before the 2 bombs were dropped. Immoral my ass. Your FB friend is uninformed.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4216 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Ask the residents of Nanjing what morality is.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Maybe your "friend" exists because the bombs were dropped. You really should waste no more mental energy on these guilt ridden virtue signaling morons.

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shotgun Zeke
posted Hide Post
I found the thread in the lounge and dropped the link from the WSJ opinion article in his thread. He only has a couple "likes" and 21 comments so that tells me most people do not accept his revisionist perspective which is refreshing.

NRA Shotgun Instructor
NRA Rifle Instructor

Posts: 640 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Tell your friend to try peddling his theory in China, Korea and the Philippines. Roll Eyes

Posts: 6955 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P210:
Tell your friend to try peddling his theory in China, Korea and the Philippines. Roll Eyes

Wouldn’t last an hour in Seoul without getting his ass kicked.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shotgun Zeke
posted Hide Post
One of my arguments with him, ignored of course, was how the Japanese treated the Chinese in WWII. This time I don't engage, just drop my bombs of truth on his thread.

NRA Shotgun Instructor
NRA Rifle Instructor

posted Hide Post
So was the rape of Nanking.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
If only there was some way to avoid a brutal ass kicking like, ummm, not attacking us first.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Leemur,

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or the treatment of Allied POWs. Just watched a documentary from 2001 about the real Bridge on the River Kwai - hosted by Roger Mudd and narrated by Edward Woodward. When the truth is told and the facts are known, it's incredible to believe that any survived at all.

Posts: 4976 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
OK, so what would have been the "moral" solution?

It's easy to claim such things years, decades, after the fact, when we have piles and piles of information, and one has the luxury to study and think about it, it's an entirely different thing when every minute you delay making those choices, people are dying. And no matter what you choose, there's going to be blood, lots of it. Theirs, ours, all in varying degrees, and nothing is certain.

But again, we, and your douche nozzle friend, have that luxury of time. So, what's the right choice, in his opinion?

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Facebook idiots used to piss me off.

Until I deleted my Facebook.

I thought I would miss it.

I do not.

Highly recommend.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11446 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
General William Tecumseh Sherman “War is Hell.”

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
The Japanese should have thought about that before their Pearl invasion. Those bombs ended a lot of shit and further death.

Fakebook is a waste of time. Delete your account. They sell all your information off and fuck your privacy three ways to Sunday. And they are commie run.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
So was the rape of Nanking.

They literally stormed maternity wards. Drug everyone outside so they could bayonet the babies.

Anyone that wants to argue about moral high ground & the H Bomb. Their argument is lost on me.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I have not and will not subscribe to any kind of social media, it just doesn't fit in my life and I've no need of it..

That said, there is always the collateral damage and loss of souls as a result of wars and ideologies all over the world to choose from since the birth of mankind and I'd suspect until the very end. Thou shall not kill just doesn't seem to apply though I wish it were different. My Dad being a WWII vet and Sgt in the paratroopers in Korea and the Philippines. I can only imagine the changes that occur when faced with having to kill another, somebody like them with a family and friends and perhaps a good life. He never spoke hardly a word of it ever, but I knew it changed him as I'm mostly certain it does to all, yes, war is hell..

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
I have not and will not subscribe to any kind of social media, it just doesn't fit in my life and I've no need of it..

He said on social media.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Firebombing of Tokyo

The Japanese started the war. We finished it.

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
He said on social media.
I don't consider SIGforum "Social Media". And when it comes right down to it, I believe you think that as well.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post