SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    People who park extremely close to your driver's side door.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

People who park extremely close to your driver's side door. Login/Join 
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
What drives me crazy are people with an expensive vehicle taking two parking spaces close to the store. I don't mind them wanting their vehicles to not get scratched or dented, but at least take up 2 parking spots at the middle/back of a parking lot.

I like the idea of using those cards posted above. As tempted as it gets to scratch some ones vehicle, I couldn't do that.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4014 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rtquig:
What drives me crazy are people with an expensive vehicle taking two parking spaces close to the store. I don't mind them wanting their vehicles to not get scratched or dented, but at least take up 2 parking spots at the middle/back of a parking lot.

I like the idea of using those cards posted above. As tempted as it gets to scratch some ones vehicle, I couldn't do that.

If I am in my banged up 14 year old Camry, I just park my car as close to their driver door as I can. If the offending asshole is backed in, I will also back in and make it damn near impossible for them to get in through the driver door. Most of the time my wife is with me when I go out, so if we're shopping I just stay with the car to watch said assholes reaction.

Posts: 2831 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kraquin
posted Hide Post
Had an F-150 with truck nuts park too close to me just last week. I castrated it.

Posts: 391 | Registered: December 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
When assholes park like the idiot in the op, or they purposely take up two spots in a crowded lot, I will hock up a couple of juicy loogies to leave on their driver side door handle. Doesn't damage anything, but will ruin their day.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16662 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Guy parked his truck 2 inches from a friends No way to get in. We were at the beach and he was from a few states away. Friend took his antenna and threw it in the trash. Hope he enjoyed going all the way back home listening to static.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
^^^^ A friend of mine used to keep a valve stem remover in his glove box for people that parked too close when he would park his Corvette away from everyone. He’d remove the valve stem on one of their tires and chuck it. I never was quite that mean.

You remove TWO valve stems.

That single spare only gets them halfway there - if they even attempt to change them out.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chino101
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
This is how I park. Far away as possible with an peninsula on one side, with my wheels two inches from the curb. 50% of the time I come out with a car next to mine. Really guy? Seriously? There are 600 open spots and I'm parked in bum fuck Egypt and you choose the spot next to my car? WTF man?

My guess, its because they know you won't ding their car. I'll sometimes park the same way as you and I find it reassuring that another clean car has parked next to mine.

Posts: 510 | Location: Maryland | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kraquin
posted Hide Post
If I can't park away from other cars or at least have a curb/island on one side I'll try to park between two luxury cars. But, if the owners have kids with them the chances of getting dinged increases.

Posts: 391 | Registered: December 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kraquin:
If I can't park away from other cars or at least have a curb/island on one side I'll try to park between two luxury cars. But, if the owners have kids with them the chances of getting dinged increases.

Yep...I have witnessed kids throwing the door open, dinging the vehicle next to dad's car.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
I wish we could buy thermite grenades over-the-counter. One on the front hood of the offending vehicle and problem solved. Isn’t this why Hans Goldschmidt invented the thermite grenade? Some guy parked his buggy too close to his and Hans got all pissed off and said, “I’ll invent a solution”

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
I carry these in my car & use them:

I saw one like this but the last line was "Assholes like you shouldn't reproduce" and they left a condom on the windshield along with the note. Priceless!

A friend of mine found a note on her windshield that said if you fuck the way you park, you never get it in. I like that one.

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 1120 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
I wish we could buy thermite grenades over-the-counter. One on the front hood of the offending vehicle and problem solved. Isn’t this why Hans Goldschmidt invented the thermite grenade? Some guy parked his buggy too close to his and Hans got all pissed off and said, “I’ll invent a solution”

Nah. You can take care of this easily. Get a paint gun. CO2 powered. Pepper the fuck out of the windshield and leave a note.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12614 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My first vehicle was a 79 Ford F150 that my step dad used as a pipe inspection truck in the oilfield in West Texas. I started driving it in 96. It was mechanically sound, but cosmetically it was beat up. There were a couple of times I almost felt bad for how hard I opened my door on people who parked that close to my driver's side door.

Posts: 1181 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I drive a 2003 Honda Civic with 201k miles and many dings and scratches on it. Most don’t want to park close to me anyway Big Grin

Posts: 13086 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gibby29:
Somebody did that to my cousin the other day at Chick-Fil-A. She went back in and pulled the lady out of line to make her move her car. Big Grin

Outstanding!!!

Posts: 1548 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
Another masterpiece invention these days advertising a FOB that allows you to get out of your car and press it and it automatically pulls itself into a parking spot. I saw the ad of a person on TV using this feature to auto park the car squeezing it into a spot thats tight and since your outside of your car you don't have to open the door to squeeze out. How is this going to work out for the other driver that needs to get into his/her car without room to open his door or put children, groceries or other items in their car?

Oh, I managed to catch that commercial again on the tube. It's called Hyundai "Smart Park" and as you can see, the dude in the blue jacket gets out of his car with the cars FOB and clicks it and the Sonata pull's itself into the parking spot. If you need to get out of your car to actually pull it into the spot, what does that say about how much room you have between the vehicles...not too smart imo! Although I like new technologies I'm not a fan of this one, and I'm sure for those who need to get to their cars on either side aren't going to be thrilled either..I also wonder if this feature will pull the car out by remote again for getting back in?

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post