SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    People who park extremely close to your driver's side door.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

People who park extremely close to your driver's side door. Login/Join 
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted
5 acre parking lot. Hardly any cars.

Go out to my vehicle from PetSmart, a car parked next to mine, hardly a foot distance away from my drivers side door to their driver side door.

Had to get in from the passenger side.
Cussing.

Then while getting ready to pull away, a 30 -40 year old ditzy looking woman is walking toward that car. My first impression, liberal , airhead, Democrat, my second impression is she would scream rape or etc if I got on her case for parking close.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Remember what Ron White said. You can't fix stupid!

Posts: 1548 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
People like that are begging you to give them a door ding.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
And I guarantee that IF you had confronted this dolt, YOU would be the problem. YOU and your Toxic Masculinity.....

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Parking lot etiquette leaves a lot to be disired. I installed nerf bars on my Tacoma pretty much to catch wayward doors.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
It's because of this problem that I try to park next to the cart corral or curb.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Based on my experience parking a (relatively) nice car far away from the chaos and others, I can totally believe this.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xibtzwdXgfI

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
I carry these in my car & use them:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Another masterpiece invention these days advertising a FOB that allows you to get out of your car and press it and it automatically pulls itself into a parking spot. I saw the ad of a person on TV using this feature to auto park the car squeezing it into a spot thats tight and since your outside of your car you don't have to open the door to squeeze out. How is this going to work out for the other driver that needs to get into his/her car without room to open his door or put children, groceries or other items in their car?

Another unrealized benefit of having a handicap tag, I kinda have to open the door and do some navigating with a cane and working my way out but at least I have the space to do so, for now at least, but it's often abused too sadly by those who have them but really aren't that handicapped.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
I made the mistake of parking next to a shopping cart corral once. People shove their carts at the corral and it ends up hitting the car or they place the carts between your car and the corral.

Parking way out doesn’t seem to work either. The herd mentality guarantees others will park next to you.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
I carry these in my car & use them:

I saw one like this but the last line was "Assholes like you shouldn't reproduce" and they left a condom on the windshield along with the note. Priceless!

Posts: 3920 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
My problem is when people do stuff like that I am typically in Levi's 501s (you know, the kind with exposed rivets on the back pockets) and what happens is; as I slide in between the cars I am facing my car with my butt rubbing aggressively down the length of the offending car as I am getting into my vehicle. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I was not even parked close to the entrance. Not at the far end either.

Here lately, when ever I drive somewhere, I wonder if I am going to make it back home.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
This is how I park. Far away as possible with an peninsula on one side, with my wheels two inches from the curb. 50% of the time I come out with a car next to mine. Really guy? Seriously? There are 600 open spots and I'm parked in bum fuck Egypt and you choose the spot next to my car? WTF man?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
This is how I park. Far away as possible with an peninsula on one side, with my wheels two inches from the curb. 50% of the time I come out with a car next to mine. Really guy? Seriously? There are 600 open spots and I'm parked in bum fuck Egypt and you choose the spot next to my car? WTF man?

I do the exact same thing but I've got it down to 1 inch from the curb. But I park way out, as I don't mind the walking at all, some times I'll just jog in/out. I'll park far enough or remote enough nobody will bother and they never do. I loathe door dings with a passion and I never get them. Even at the grocery store, if there is a basket in bum fucked egypt, I'll put it up on the grass or just take it in with me as I don't want a rolling cart smashing into my vehicle. It's hard damn work keeping your hard earned vehicle in excellent condition.

And some times it pays to park across the street, or pull into the back of a restaurant if picking up food, and park with the employees do. There are lots of games to be played to avoid this pitiful behavior.

For me driving has become insane with the amount of inattentive drivers on the road. I avoid herd hours. Grocery store, Costco, mall, clothes shopping at the outlet, do it on a weekday, 30 min to 1 hour before they close. You won't catch me shopping for shit on the weekend. The weekends it's all zombies. It's a fucking zoo out there.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12633 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
Somebody did that to my cousin the other day at Chick-Fil-A. She went back in and pulled the lady out of line to make her move her car. Big Grin

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gibby29:
Somebody did that to my cousin the other day at Chick-Fil-A. She went back in and pulled the lady out of line to make her move her car. Big Grin

So members can relate to my rant?

(Notice you said...her....which is the offending gender most of the time).

美しい犬

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gibby29:

I did this at Circle K once as the lady was parked literally 6" from the side of my car, then she looked bothered and gave me a dirty look that I asked who had what car then asked her to move it. I told her, what on earth are you thinking parking that close to my vehicle when there's plenty of width to park.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devil's Advocate
Picture of Holger Danske
posted Hide Post
When we first moved back south from Colorado, we went down to the FIL's place in Orange Beach. I stopped at a big tourist shop, parked in the back away from everyone, two car seats in the back. Some asshole with a jacked-up pickup decided to teach whoever was driving that Honda hybrid with Colorado plates a lesson about Alabama courtesy and jammed in so tight I couldn't get in the drivers side, much less get a kid in the car seat without a bunch of contortions.

Luckily, my FIL was known to the proprietor, so I dropped the name and had the situation resolved.

________
Homo sum: humani nil a me alienum puto

Posts: 1080 | Location: Baton Rouge | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
^^^^ A friend of mine used to keep a valve stem remover in his glove box for people that parked too close when he would park his Corvette away from everyone. He’d remove the valve stem on one of their tires and chuck it. I never was quite that mean.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post