SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Not my favorite way to start a day.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Not my favorite way to start a day. Login/Join 
Picture of cparktd
posted
I wake to my phone buzzing an alert notice via the local Sheriff Dept Facebook page.
3 inmates have escaped early this morning from the workhouse.

Not 15 minutes after seeing the notice there is a knock at the front door. That just really never happens here. Three quick knocks that aren’t repeated.

I quickly ease up to the door, pistol in hand, and check the peep site… no one is there!
Oh boy!

I check out the windows, driveway, front and back, nothing, then I see a car back out from around the end of the house where I could not see it before. They sit for a minute, then finally leave. I go back to the door and check and still can't see anyone there so I open it… to find a Jehovah’s Witness paper.

Probably not the best time for strangers to be knocking on random doors in Bedford county!

But I'm wide awake now!

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to get the alerts and have to report to an escape post. Count your blessings.

Posts: 17140 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
On the plus side, the white shirts make for easy marking of your hits vs misses, especially when they start zigging and zagging and whatnot on the way down the driveway.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Update: 2 back in custody.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sunday, i put on a robe to let the dog out. There was a mud dobber in my robe sleeve. The lil fucker got my arm 4 times.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Oh shit I bet that HURT!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post