SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Visiting Canada
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Visiting Canada Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Just drove across the border 1.5 weeks ago. I was at the booth for 30 seconds combined both ways.

Of course, it helps that I have a NEXUS card and a work permit.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23246 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lingham:
I lived in NY the first 62 years of my life about an hours drive from the Canadian border. We would typically take a trip to Niagara Falls once or twice a year without a problem. A few years ago the son of a friend went on a charter bus trip with a bunch of friends for a batchelor party at a strip club on the Canadian side. Upon attempting to cross the border the Canadian
border patrol entered the bus and took the names of everyone on the bus. They returned a few minutes later and said all were free to enter except my friends son. He was removed from the bus and told that he could not enter Canada because he had been charged and convicted of DWAI a few years earlier. He was told that even though 'driving while ability impaired was a misdemeanor in NY it was a felony in Canada and therefore as a felon he was not welcome in Canada. He was forced to wait on the US side for the busses return.

While I believe you I don't believe they can do a proper check with just a name.

Kevin

Posts: 697 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: July 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
DUIs are the one regular exclusion I hear about. I would be surprised if anything from the 70s showed up. Here, 80s records are hit or miss.

Posts: 17884 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post