SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Insect bites!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Insect bites! Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted
Great golly Ned, bugs and I do NOT get along.

They bite, I itch, I scratch, I bleed. More itching, more scratching, more bleeding. Summertime scabs become fall scars.

A month ago -- yes, a full month! -- something fierce got hold of me. I've got four bites that are STILL swollen and itchy. It doesn't help any that one of them is right above my belt, and gets "scratched" all day by my pants.

Great Caesar's ghost! What hellish wee-beasties have gotten hold of me now? Usually it's mosquitoes, but I've seen few of them this year. Whatever brought this series of bites is pure stinking evil, with wings.

Mad

God bless America.

Posts: 13487 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The internet has lots of pictures of insect bites. If you have been scratching them it makes the diagnosis more difficult. When this happens to me I see my dermatologist. She can tell in a few seconds what it is. I learned this the hard way by self treatment and then evaluation by my primary care physician. A good dermatologist can prescribe some creams that work.

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Michael. I'm not afraid to say, my leg looks like hell.

God bless America.

Posts: 13487 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and this little pig said:
posted Hide Post
What you need is Afterbite

https://afterbite.com/

Some people are very sensitive to bites. This may help!

Posts: 3399 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Could be chiggers, aka red bugs.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
Could be chiggers, aka red bugs.

I'd guess that too. They itch so much, you can break them open, maybe get an infection.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8330 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.bugbitething.com/

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54608 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dlc444
posted Hide Post
This stuff is amazing. I think you can get it at Walgreens. Link provided is for a case, which you obviously don't need.

Dr. Tichenors

-.---.----.. -.---.----.. -.---.----..
It seems to me that any law that is not enforced and can't be enforced weakens all other laws.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Thanks, all, for the recommendations.
I've got some shopping to do.

(After I quit scratching.) Mad

God bless America.

The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Not sure if true but, seemed to work; I was once told something in green beans made you unappealing to biting insects. I used to eat a can of the beans nearly everyday and did seem to work.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post