SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    If you want to buy it, please come and buy it
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you want to buy it, please come and buy it Login/Join 
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted
Craiglist, Facebook Marketplace, company bulletin board, whatever...just come and buy my stuff when you say you are interested. Respond to my replies when you ask if the item is available and would I take $xx. I need this stuff gone.

I wish I could sell everything on SF! What a different clientele we are for each other.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5051 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Online market places are full of what I call "inventory checkers". They ask if you have something then never respond again. I guess they just like knowing if you have something or not. Then they're are the people that finally make the decision to buy but expect you to deliver it to their home because they don't want to drive very far.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3530 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love the... “well your pretty far away will you take $xx (usually some insane price) off?” .... uhhh not my problem you clicked on an ad that says what city I’m in and you still contacted me

Posts: 1304 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Selling stuff on Facebook Yard Sale/Marketplace is getting aggravating.

I love the people that respond to something you have for sale as “interested” and they think this gives them some sort of first dibs placeholder for you to wait for their indecisive, games playing ass to decide to buy it.

Either you want it...or you don’t.

I can’t tell you how many people reply with “interested” then go radio silent. Then you sell said item to the first person who actually wants it, then suddenly they are back and bitching right and left about how they were “first” and you bypassed them.

I swear these sites are full of people that just like to play games and cause problems.

Posts: 33791 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or the buyers who want to "Come and look at it sometime this weekend".

Uh, I posted several pictures of the item and a full description of the items and what it fits and ASKING price and you just want to come and look at it.

Sorry. I won't be home this weekend.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
In neighborhood facebook posts, the first "I'll take it" gets it even if they can't come right away.

When selling stuff to the general public when cleaning out my mom's house, or selling my own stuff when moving or no longer needed, I'm very clear that it's the first one to show up with the cash - not the first I'll take it.

The exception is: If someone contacts me shortly after I post it, and has a good sob story about how bad they need it and why they can't come immediately but are specific when they can come, and my senses tell me they are sincere, then I will take the item off the market and save it for them.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:

Uh, I posted several pictures of the item and a full description of the items and what it fits and ASKING price and you just want to come and look at it.

So I am reading the description for a factory sealed, first pressing, of Blind Faith (1969) and while the price is good the fact is, unless you can recall exactly what the original plastic seal felt like on the album, and a myriad of other nuances - the cover could be a very good, non-inspectable fake with a piece of crap trash record sealed inside - you don't know the contents unless opening the seal.

While the value is in the factory seal, as the buyer I am rather leery and want to inspect the contents to keep everything on the up-and-up.

As I would be putting the vinyl on the platter as soon as I get home (and the album cover possibly in a frame) - no amount of description will do. I need to inspect the product - in person - and the inspection will not happen in less than five minutes.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
How about the people who come into a (my) running store, get sized, their gait analyzed and fitted for the shoe specific to their body type and running style, then whip out their phone and take a picture of the shoe and the box so they can go buy online?

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
How about the people who come into a (my) running store, get sized, their gait analyzed and fitted for the shoe specific to their body type and running style, then whip out their phone and take a picture of the shoe and the box so they can go buy online?
"Good afternoon, sir (or ma'am). Because <what you described above> there is a twenty-five dollar charge, payable in advance, for a custom fitting. This amount will be applied to any of our shoes that you buy, or if you decide not to but today, you will be issued a store credit for that amount."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:

So I am reading the description for a factory sealed, first pressing, of Blind Faith (1969) and while the price is good the fact is, unless you can recall exactly what the original plastic seal felt like on the album, and a myriad of other nuances - the cover could be a very good, non-inspectable fake with a piece of crap trash record sealed inside - you don't know the contents unless opening the seal.

While the value is in the factory seal, as the buyer I am rather leery and want to inspect the contents to keep everything on the up-and-up.

As I would be putting the vinyl on the platter as soon as I get home (and the album cover possibly in a frame) - no amount of description will do. I need to inspect the product - in person - and the inspection will not happen in less than five minutes.

No, my example was a used unwraped unboxed Thule bicycle rack with around a half dozen pictures of it taken from every angle.

Sale price was $100 or BEST OFFER.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
Now now, I can say there have been a few things on here I said I would take and after realizing it wasnt worth it/didnt really want it at that price, I didnt mention anything. However, getting mad is stupid, since as a potential buyer im upfront about I may not buy im just interested in more info

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:So I am reading the description for a factory sealed, first pressing, of Blind Faith (1969)............. I need to inspect the product - in person - and the inspection will not happen in less than five minutes.

Given the album title, it seems a bit of a contradiction. Razz

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I sold a used lawn mower to a guy for $100. Guy never negotiated the price, says it looks good, lets load in the back of the car. After the mower is loaded, he says, "I can only afford $50, here is $50."

The fuck you say? You negotiate the price of shit BEFORE you take possession of it. I told him give me $100 cash NOW, or to unload the mower and get off my lawn.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I had a guy buy a gun from me. We agree on the price and arrange a meet.

He looks it over, says it looks good, then asked if I'll take $50 less.

Nope.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Yesterday the nice Ovation acoustic electric mandolin I advertised had a serious inquiry. But, at the last moment, the buyer wanted me to bring my amplifier, power cord, instrument cord, and demonstrate that the instrument did actually work. To her location, visiting friends in south Richmond, off Jefferson Davis Highway. You might as well say south Baghdad, or south Beirut. Nope. "Well, I wouldn't be comfortable buying an electric instrument without hearing it through an amp." I understand those words, but it angers me to think that someone won't trust me. Mayberry doesn't exist anymore, I guess.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5051 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

Nope.

Agreed, the time to discuss price is before you waste my time to meet unless said item is not as described.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10937 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
quote:

Nope.

Or on a similar note “oh I only brought (insert amount less than agreed price)”

Well tough shit buddy.

Posts: 841 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR025:
quote:

Nope.

Or on a similar note “oh I only brought (insert amount less than agreed price)”

Well tough shit buddy.

Big or small, this will happen, yet another reason I sell almost nothing by these means.

Last was a sweet condition used G35. Guy showed up for test drive, loved it, went to get cash and meet up again next day. He shows up with the story above - like $1K less than the already low agreed price which he'd not discussed. Once asked if he was seriously there with only that much, got in the car and drove away.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12413 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:

That's some brazen bullshit right there.

There is a large food/vendor market in Philly called Reading Terminal Market and there was this lady who had a really cool cookbook stand. It got to the point she had signs up saying "no photography" because people would see a cookbook and say "hey that's nice"..."lemme get a picture of it so I can order it on Amazon the second I step foot out of here!"
Roll Eyes

quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
I sold a used lawn mower to a guy for $100. Guy never negotiated the price, says it looks good, lets load in the back of the car. After the mower is loaded, he says, "I can only afford $50, here is $50."

The fuck you say? You negotiate the price of shit BEFORE you take possession of it. I told him give me $100 cash NOW, or to unload the mower and get off my lawn.

So what happened?

Posts: 33791 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
Yesterday the nice Ovation acoustic electric mandolin I advertised had a serious inquiry. But, at the last moment, the buyer wanted me to bring my amplifier, power cord, instrument cord, and demonstrate that the instrument did actually work. To her location, visiting friends in south Richmond, off Jefferson Davis Highway. You might as well say south Baghdad, or south Beirut. Nope. "Well, I wouldn't be comfortable buying an electric instrument without hearing it through an amp." I understand those words, but it angers me to think that someone won't trust me. Mayberry doesn't exist anymore, I guess.

And the buyer couldn't come to you why?

When I am selling stuff I never go there to sell. There's a 7/11 down the street where the local LEOs like to hang out due to its centralized location. That is where I will meet a buyer.

When I am the buyer (such as the Technics turntable I bought last Friday), I do a bit of research on the address and area. In this case, how could I know the quality of the goods without hearing it?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post