SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Divorce sucks
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Divorce sucks Login/Join 
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Rainman,

I know you're going through pain right now, but based on what you're saying, you'll be vastly better off without her in your life.

I've studiously avoided getting married. Situations like this (and similar happening to people I know personally), confirm to me that I made the right decision.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry to read this. Our story is very similar; I am coming up on 2 years divorced now and emotionally I've never been healthier.

Email is in my profile, reach out if you ever want to talk/vent/etc.

Be well.

John

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12304 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this.....as many have already said there is light at the end of this tunnel.

I met my wonderful wife just before my 2nd divorce was finalized. We have have been together for 16 years....and she has not killed me yet! Cool

If you need anything please reach out....we are not far from you.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It will get better. Lots better. Hang in there. Don’t even think of relationships again for awhile. Get healthy and happy first.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry to hear that, Bill.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear the news. Hang in there.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heatinajeep
posted Hide Post
Perhaps now.

give it some time and distance.

Posts: 1976 | Location: Moody, AL | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been with the same wonderful lady for 36 years now,

I thank those watching over me and my ex wife every night at prayer time.

Had the ex not moved me out of my home town ,
I might never have met Bonnie.

There's hope now for a life w/o turmoil

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of slyguy
posted Hide Post
I'm with you. Literally. Got served right before Thanksgiving terminating 25 years.

Looking forward to wrapping it up and moving on. A bit scary in some ways, but liberating in others.

Stay strong. Exercise. Eat good and sleep well. Reach out if you want.

Cheers~

Posts: 904 | Location: Valley Oregon | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
You will be OK. Might not seem like it for a while, but trust me, now you actually have a chance at it again.

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Sorry rainman. I've een through the ringer as well...

Keep you chin up, have faith and just know that you will get through it.

And sorry to insert some levity into this sad news, but I had a great aunt, Honey (my maternal grandmother's sister) who had been married a number of times, and she asked my grandfather Irving, who had quite a sense of Humor.

Honey: "Irv, are you coming to the wedding?" (at this point her 4th or so)

Irv: "Of course. I haven't missed on yet!"

quote:
Originally posted by TomV:
quote:
Originally posted by rainman64:

BTW- I'm her fifth ex husband now....

I think that says a lot right there.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Rainman, I came back to this thread to see if you had posted back in it. I see you have.

Some people are just not able to be in committed relationship. For a multitude of reason's. She is one of them, obviously.

No doubt you will be better off. Her, it is a safe bet she will continue her life as she always has and it will get significantly worse with time in all probability.
Unfortunately there is no fix.

Once you deal with it emotionally life will be great.

Best wishes brother.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I also don’t think you had a choice, or at least little choice. I know at least 3 guys over the years, 50+, where all of a sudden the women wanted out. It’s not always some smooth talking ‘Mr Right’ waiting in the wings. Of course I don’t know the finer details of another’s relationship.

I’ve been able to deal with a little ‘crazy’ over the years, still here 28 years. I never guarantee the future though.

Posts: 6129 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of slyguy
posted Hide Post
Rainman - Hope the stress is calming down in your life.

We've got a whole new year to get on track and put some positive in life.

Cheers~

Posts: 904 | Location: Valley Oregon | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JPD217
posted Hide Post
Divorce truly does suck. I've been divorced for a year now. We were married 22 years, together about 30. I used to say it just came out of the blue, but in retrospect I guess I knew for awhile, I just didn't want it to end that way.

After about 6 months I came to the realization that, in all likelihood, I was better off. Stress level was down, I didn't feel like I was walking around on egg shells any more. We still get along, mostly because of the grandkids, there's 11 of them. I do get mad at myself sometimes for agreeing to half my net pay in spousal support, but I got enough to buy food, pay rent, camp and hunt when I want to, and I can afford a gun now and then.

Hang in there, use the support of friends and do stuff that you enjoy.

Posts: 2585 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My experience with this is 30 years in the rear view mirror. Hate to be the cynic but I don't think anyone yet has suggested there may be more to the story. In my experience, few women jump off the balcony without having first insured a safe landing spot.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
NK,
You are correct.

One stat that stands out is 90% of marriages with a bipolar person fail.

I am part of that 90.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rainman64,

Posts: 5018 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Rainman:

Couple of questions -

- Are you using a lawyer? Regardless of what she is telling you, especially with her law background, you can be 100% certain that she is consulting someone. I cannot over stress the importance of this.

- Call me crazy...but didn’t Mrs. Rainman used to be a member here? If so, or if you have any concerns about her reading your posts here, I “hightly” recommend you do some editing of your posts, go “radio silent” and reach out in a group email to those of us who have offered to assist/support/be-there etc.

Be well.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12304 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Rainman, I'm so sorry to hear it. I don't have any advice or wisdom to offer, only my support and encouragement. You're a good man, and some good woman will see that some day when you're ready.

On a side note, reading through this thread, so much of it hits far closer to home than feels comfortable.

quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Call me crazy...but didn’t Mrs. Rainman used to be a member here? If so, or if you have any concerns about her reading your posts here...

I had the same thought.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
I edited my post, but I seriously doubt the woman would come here, as she hasn't been here in a decade and she hates and wants nothing to do with me.
She has moved on.

Posts: 5018 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post