SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Divorce sucks
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Divorce sucks Login/Join 
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted
After 11 years, learning to live with a Bipolar/OCD/ADHD woman, her being with her dying mother in Houston for a year until she died, then her father calling her back all the time, she informed me she wanted a divorce.

She has been basically living in Houston for over a year, and only visiting home for clothes and getting more meds for her condition.

Papers filed, and now just waiting for finality.
Today, she deleted her Bookface page, and probably changing her number.

I worked very hard at it, but you can't fix mental issues.

That's why I have been away for awhile.

Posts: 5018 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Sad to hear that, but it sounds like there hasn't been much of a marriage for at least the last couple years, anyway. Maybe she's doing you a favor?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about your impending divorce. I have two close family members who have or are going through the same. Both husbands are being treated for mental illness. I’ve seen a new happier person emerge on the other side. I wish you the best.

Posts: 2934 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn man. I'm very sorry to hear this.

Hopefully time and a Ducati or two will ease the suck.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I too am sorry Rainman. I hope things go as smoothly as possible. A new beginning can be a good thing. Don't let it sour you on life. There is another woman out there meant for you. Your are a good man.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry to hear. You did your darn best. Not your fault. Keep your chin up.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Hopefully no kids?

If so then you will look back very soon and be grateful to be out.

If kids, then the above still but with a bit more aggravation.

Chin up, it’s much MUCH better on the other side. I had about two or three years of real suck due to kid games and finances, but once that was worked out it was all clearly worth it.

Best wishes...a lot of us have been there.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11446 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Sad to hear that, but it sounds like there hasn't been much of a marriage for at least the last couple years, anyway. Maybe she's doing you a favor?

This.

Sounds very similar to my situation, where we were basically roommates instead of a married couple for the last few years before divorcing earlier this year. The marriage ended, but it hadn't been much of a marriage for a while by then.

It sucks, but it'll be better in the long run. I'm significantly happier now that I was a year or two ago.

Posts: 32432 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that you've had this happen, but from the description sounds like its been over since she went back to Houston, so in a way you've been freed and it's 2020 so its the year to get it out of the way and start fresh in 2021....

Good luck with your new and exciting future!

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I spent about a year with a bi-polar woman. The highs were great and the lows were terrible. Best wishes for a better 2021.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
No kids, just loss of planning for us to be together for a lifetime.
People tell me I went above and beyond in patience.

I put up with a lot, but learned to deal with the ups and downs.
For better or worse. I took those vows seriously.

BTW- I'm her fifth ex husband now.

Yeah, I am the bad guy....

Posts: 5018 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rainman64:

BTW- I'm her fifth ex husband now....

I think that says a lot right there.

Posts: 1341 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
It doesn't sound like you could do more than you already did. Agree that she probably is doing you a favor although I know it does not feel like that right now.

Best of luck!

Posts: 3698 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rainman64:
BTW- I'm her fifth ex husband now.

Whoa Red Face.

Hopefully things will be amicable in the process. Good luck.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16613 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Sorry man, that sucks.

You have done all you can

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I got divorced about 2 years ago from my wife of over 19 years.

The lead up sucked but I’ve got to say that once it was all over and we’d moved and resettled life was awesome.

We are still good friends, celebrate holidays and even go on vacations with our kids together. I ate Thanksgiving dinner at her parents house and then we all went to Disney the next day for the weekend. I still love her...but man I love being divorced from her.

Here’s hoping the spilt is amicable and that your post divorce is awesome.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I spent about a year with a bi-polar woman. The highs were great and the lows were terrible. Best wishes for a better 2021.

It took just three months to wean myself from a Bi-polar woman. Highs were great, sex was outstanding, but each day was like finding a different woman in my life.

Another I met was on some kind of hormone medication and I always knew when she missed a dosage. That relationship was very brief.

Fellows, be careful out there.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Taking the vows seriously doesn’t mean destroying yourself in the process. I’d say the fact that she’s failed 5 times tells the story. Chin up, move on, take care.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry to hear this. I have written this post and deleted it four times now. I don’t want to get into deep details of my own stuff and take away from you.

I have been married 23 years and with my mom going through cancer treatments with a major need for help it is so hard to split time between helping my mom, being there for my wife, and working. Things like this put a ton of stress on all.

I am sorry to hear what you are going through.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Best of luck to you Rainman... you’re a good dude. I only spent an afternoon at your place during that SF Shoot, but I’m a pretty good judge of character. Hang in there, things will get better.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post