SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Sleeping in class is now acceptable.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sleeping in class is now acceptable. Login/Join 
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
When I was 16-17, I was practically homeless, crashing on couches and I worked two night jobs to the tune of 50 hours a week or more. I got maybe 4 hours of sleep a night, sometimes less.

Consequently, I slept through Chemistry every single day. Came in, put my head down, slept through the entire class, woke up at the bell and left. Didn't care about school back then, probably got a C or D in that class.

My situation didn't allow me a proper home life and proper sleep at home.

Basically, you dont know everyone's home life. Some kids dont have it easy. And they KNOW that your class is nothing to them and never will be nothing to them.

Just one mans opinion from the other side.

Yeah technically, I should have been awake and eager to learn every day in every class. And technically, I should have had a better home life and not needed to work a full time plus over time job (plus school) as a 16 year old too.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post