SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Arms List
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Arms List Login/Join 
posted
Any one have any transactions on this site buying or selling. I am not into selling on a regular basis but had some items to clear out the inventory.
Figure I would try here first and what didn't sell try another site.
TIA Greg

Thanks for all the input I think I'll start selling here and see what sells.
Greg

This message has been edited. Last edited by: greg1147,

"the soul of a dog is pure"

Posts: 265 | Location: VA | Registered: June 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I use Armslist quite a bit as a buyer but I've also sold a couple too. It's just like any other classifieds on the net.
When I do sell I only do it locally (no shipping) and I post that all sales are to be done at an ffl and the buyer pays the fees.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
I use Armslist quite a bit as a buyer but I've also sold a couple too. It's just like any other classifieds on the net.
When I do sell I only do it locally (no shipping) and I post that all sales are to be done at an ffl and the buyer pays the fees.

Thats what I looking for I had a 1911 for sale and was getting all types of interest for face to face sales without BOS/ID so I took the ad down.

"the soul of a dog is pure"

Posts: 265 | Location: VA | Registered: June 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine uses it quite a bit for local, face-to-face sales. I've used it in the past but have since decided just to sell on this forum or on consignment through a friend's LGS. While I had good luck for the most part, there were a few people who just wasted my time by not showing up when planned.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a few items off the site in the past but it has been years ago.

As time went on it seemed to become more seedier.

I also discovered VA Gun Trader and this site.
Suffice to say any and all money soon disappeared.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I've done a decent amount of buying and selling on Armslist. It's a good way to sell a gun locally, without the hassle of shipping to a FFL and coordinating remote payments. And if you keep your eyes open, there are deals to be had when buying (but also lots of overpriced crap).

Yes, there are scammers, just like any public online classifieds. Just use the same personal security and anti-fraud strategies as you would with any other online marketplace, like Facebook Marketplace, LetGo, Craigslist, etc.

If you stick to face-to-face deals for cash, that weeds out 99% of the scammers. Nearly all scams targeting sellers involve shipping and/or alternate methods of payment.

Meet in a high traffic public place during daytime, and bring a friend.

When selling, it's helpful to request to see their concealed handgun license when you meet up for the face to face deal, which is an easy way to help ensure they're not a prohibited person. You can also do a bill of sale with their Driver's License info and a statement that they sign stating that they are not prohibited from owning a firearm, if you want a bit of extra CYA. You can even do a face to face transfer through a local FFL if you want to totally CYA, but you or the buyer will have to pony up for the transfer fee (or split them).

Posts: 32485 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use Armslist a lot. Just in the past few weeks I've bought or sold five guns locally. But it takes a lot of effort. The scams are usually pretty easy to sniff out, but the flakes, tire kickers, and time wasters are just as bad. There is a lot of chaff to sort through.

Posts: 2475 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
I’ve sold a bunch of guns face to face using ArmsList and it’s been absolutely painless. I’ve never used it to buy a gun though so I can’t comment on that aspect.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Buying or selling I always meet at a gun store to do the transfer. That way if they are a flake and don't show up I at least got to check out some guns.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrapteam666:

I had good luck with VA Gun Trader. Sold my first ever gun there just a week or two ago.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20803 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by mrapteam666:

I had good luck with VA Gun Trader. Sold my first ever gun there just a week or two ago.

VA Guntrader has been 50/50 for me. Lots of weirdos that get mad when you won’t drive 6 hours or take their beat to shit 22 single shot on trade. Lots of tire kickers and flakes.

Posts: 96 | Location: VA | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post