SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Computer Updates Aggrevation
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Computer Updates Aggrevation Login/Join 
posted
Actually android tablet.
Get a multitude of them 2 days ago, apparently affecting more than just android, google, etc. The tablet android security program update changed several settings, never previously affected. These settings changed so that their secure browser locked out any other browsers from opening a program. It defaulted to the secure browser which had none of the shortcuts. Not being a wiz at computers it took several days to find the setting and turn it off, so that things are functioning with the browser I select to use. Never had this happen with the security program before. When it first happened I called the security help line, Cedar Rapids, and they advised that it was nothing with their programming, had to be an android glitch. But it was and changing one setting back fixed the issue. Old well learning for me, and now I know another fact.

Jim

Posts: 1349 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
The constant requirement for updates is why I no longer have a PC. it got to a point where all I ever did was update the damn thing, I never had time to actually use it. I manage to get by with an old ipad and a iphone.

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
The Microsoft updates break the color engine in my rip station every goddamm time.

Hours of loading profiles and calibrations back in.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34107 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
The Microsoft updates break the color engine in my rip station every goddamm time.

Hours of loading profiles and calibrations back in.

First rule of printing: Keep the RIP off the Internet! No good can EVER come of it. Keep it on a subnet and limit access. Update on YOUR schedule.

The end.

I should be tall and rich too; That ain't gonna happen either

Posts: 358 | Location: NW NJ | Registered: December 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post