SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Can football season be over now?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can football season be over now? Login/Join 
Picture of jbcummings
posted
I’m tired of it. It’s invaded every news cast/paper/program etc. Just get it over with!

OK, I’m done...carry on.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is. Simply find something more productive to do with that three plus hours, while at the same time not supporting the idiot protesters, and the idiots at the team owner and league level not interested in reining it in.

I understand it's not easy to escape in the news and such. I just ignore NFL coverage like I've done for years.

-------------
$

Posts: 7655 | Location: Mid-Michigan, USA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
NFL seasons have been over for me for 15+ years. Smile

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
I don’t watch the games, haven’t for decades. But now it’s everywhere. I can’t watch the afternoon news for it. Easily 30% of the afternoon news is about it, cripes!

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Yeah...about that...I haven't watched the news in 9+ years. I stay in a much better mood!! Cool

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Rodgers is out for the year anyway, and more importantly, it's deer hunting time!

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Have not watched professional sports in more than 50 years. Have no intention of starting now.

Just a bunch of overpaid people who seem to believe that their conduct is correct no matter how stupid or illegal.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
I think what we're seeing is typical. They're experiencing a ratings decline so they're taking the advice of the media (the ones gaining from that advice) and advertising more. Nothing different than what car makers do when they're getting their ass kicked by the competition.

We think we've got the right to just not watch, but they're going to show us a thing or two. If you want to watch your favorite program, get ready for non-stop ads for the NFL. Its just too bad there isn't a fairness doctrine that requires at least some counter ads. I'd like to see a collage of short clips of all the NFL players kneeling or even a few with their fists up. Just to balance the crap we are seeing.

I guess I watch an average of one football game a week. All college. I'm just boycotting another leftist group. When you think about it, the NFL is 70% black. Of which probably 90% voted for hillary (sorry, my caps key doesn't work).

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
You realize real football is played on Saturdays, right?

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post