SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Final nail in coffin by newly elected NJ Gov
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Final nail in coffin by newly elected NJ Gov Login/Join 
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
The citizens of NJ voted this idiot into office I have absolutely no sympathy for what he does and how much he sinks the state into the sewer. For all of the citizens who did not vote for him it’s time to think about pulling up stakes and leave before the sludge level gets too high.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4829 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ozarkwoods:
The citizens of NJ voted this idiot into office I have absolutely no sympathy for what he does and how much he sinks the state into the sewer. For all of the citizens who did not vote for him it’s time to think about pulling up stakes and leave before the sludge level gets too high.

Easier said then done. We have a daughter with 1 1/2 years to go in high school. This school is a top rated math and science high school and we don't want her to loose out of a good college by leaving. My wife has 4 years left to retire and by staying till the 25 years, good pension, medical benefits for life. We want out bad, but can't put the cart before the horse. I'm retired, 2 other kids are done with school, it's a waiting game now.

If you look at a map of who voted for the Governor, you will find it is the people that live close to NYC. The southern counties and rural north west counties are Republican and always have been.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4014 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
If you watch the laws and regulations in NJ and NY sometimes it is hard to believe they were in the original 13 colonies.

I began visiting coastal NJ and Long Island/NYC as a kid. Most of the folks I knew from the family were in their 40's - 50's. I would guess that 90% of them were socially liberal to some degree but FISCALLY conservative. They owned guns, hunted to some extent and believed in the 2nd Amendment and a balanced budget.
(But they voted democrat most of the time).
I had no problem getting along with them or discussing delicate things as I grew older. From what I saw, that mindset was a larger portion of the population at the time.

These days I'm up there during the holiday to visit family and I'm constantly amazed at the batsh*t crazy stuff that I hear as groupthink. One neighbor to the folks we were visiting had a little kid who got a BB gun for Christmas. He went out into their large back yard to shoot his gun into a cardboard target. The woman next door called the police and said there was "a man with a gun" out in their yard and she felt "threatened". The kid was badgered and terrified afterwards.

I'm not sure my old mindset/group exists in large populations there anymore...

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
In NJ a B.B. gun is considered a firearm. Same as if he went out there with a Glock

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
Yep, I'm afraid you are right. It was Huntington Long Island but same same.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
My sister lives in a 900 sq foot home there and pays over $8,000 a year in property taxes. Eek

900 square feet? We call those apartments around here... Big Grin

Posts: 13091 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
In NJ a B.B. gun is considered a firearm. Same as if he went out there with a Glock

You are correct, right now it is. One of the new guns laws coming down the pike A505 states BB guns will not be considered a firearm. I'm sure it will change again when a store gets held up by someone with a BB gun.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4014 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
My sister lives in a 900 sq foot home there and pays over $8,000 a year in property taxes. Eek

900 square feet? We call those apartments around here... Big Grin

No, it's a freestanding single family home. They have houses that small everywhere, but it takes something special to get those kind of property taxes on such a tiny house.

Most places, that amount per year would pay the mortgage on a bigger house.

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
We left central NJ in 1999 and have lot looked back since.
My parents still live there and pay ridicules property taxes.
The house I sold back in 1999 for $156,000 is now worth $350,000. I can only imagine what the taxes are like now.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2570 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 71 TRUCK:
We left central NJ in 1999 and have lot looked back since.
My parents still live there and pay ridicules property taxes.
The house I sold back in 1999 for $156,000 is now worth $350,000. I can only imagine what the taxes are like now.

Right now, just the finished part of our partially finished basement is about equal in square footage to the apartment we had in Jersey. And our mortgage and property taxes combined are less than the rent we paid on that place.

Policies that artificially restrict the housing supply suck pretty hard. NJ is a good example.

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rtquig:
One of the new guns laws coming down the pike A505 states BB guns will not be considered a firearm.

Are you saying one could buy a BB rifle without a rifle card? I remember when they passed the 1990 Assault Gun ban, and the Boy Scouts had to make sure the BB rifles did not have a capacity greater than 15 BBs. Does A505 have any chance of passing?

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
quote:
Originally posted by rtquig:
One of the new guns laws coming down the pike A505 states BB guns will not be considered a firearm.

Are you saying one could buy a BB rifle without a rifle card? I remember when they passed the 1990 Assault Gun ban, and the Boy Scouts had to make sure the BB rifles did not have a capacity greater than 15 BBs. Does A505 have any chance of passing?

Very good question. Yes it will pass. Why? because of all the other anti gun laws they are putting several pages into the bill. Having an FID to buy a BB gun was always stupid, now the Dems will say " hey were just making bad laws good". These bills are put in, when they will vote on them is yet to be seen. There is no date set yet on the calendar for them. But they will be there this year with the Democrats in full control.

Living the Dream

Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
I'd gladly give up A505 in favor of A655.
That one seeks to limit magazine capacities to 5 rounds.

Cannot wait to leave this godforsaken state.

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3141 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post