SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Duck Donuts: I Don't See What The Big Deal Is?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Duck Donuts: I Don't See What The Big Deal Is? Login/Join 
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
A donut is a donut. They only become great when you are really hungry and fresh ones are available.

Posts: 3375 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I only eat gourmet doughnuts. That way, I don’t eat them often.

Sublime Doughnuts, Atlanta - the Orange Star was awesome, but I think it has been dropped. Will have to go with the cinnamon twist now.

Ray’s Doughnut Shop, Marietta - the Sour Cream doughnut is the go to here.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Loved voodoo donuts. Also in Austin, there’s a ridiculously good donut shop- can’t think of the name right now...

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5306 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Safeway donuts on an early morning breakfast run for milk and coffee filters aren't bad.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
My favorite donut is the bagel variety. No other variety is even close.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You have to have DD when they are still warm. Otherwise its just a donut I can get anywhere.

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
You have to have DD when they are still warm. Otherwise its just a donut I can get anywhere.

None of the DD here make their own donuts anymore. They’re trucked over from a central place in Atlanta I’ve been told.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Duck donuts are cake donuts. They will never do for those of us, who prefer glazed.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
I’m partially to Shipleys Donuts.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Duck donuts are meant to be eaten at the establishment when they are still piping hot out of the fryer with the crispy outside and melty insides. I agree after they cool down they are just a donut.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
Duck donuts are meant to be eaten at the establishment when they are still piping hot out of the fryer with the crispy outside and melty insides. I agree after they cool down they are just a donut.

So kind of like a beignet from New Orleans? I begged my sis to bring me one on her last trip through, and she warned me it wouldn’t be the same.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5306 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Otto Pilot:
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
You should try Voodoo donuts in Portland, OR. If you can stand waiting in line.
Been there. Oh yeah.

They also have them in Hollywood, Orlando, Denver, Austin, and Eugene.
We went to Universal over the holidays for one day when we were in Jacksonville visiting family. Saw Voodoo donuts on our walk in and made a hard right LOL We got in the short line just in time, when we walked out the line was growing fast. Delicious enough to stand in line for. Wink

Posts: 10188 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Only been to Duck Donuts in the Outer Banks where they started. They are good but best when they are right out of the oven, dipped in your choice of topping and still hot when you eat them.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16391 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
is raving how amazing they are but I just don't see what the big deal is?

Your not the only one. I don't see anything special about them. Maybe I'm just a simple guy, give me a fresh glazed donut and I'm pretty darn happy.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4521 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I'm with you. I've had some from the same location you probably had them and they were nothing to write home about. Definitely too expensive for the taste.

When I first saw Duck Donuts I thought it would be like the delicious religious experience that is Holy Donut in Portland, ME. I was mistaken.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Interesting - I'd never heard of these. Sounds like it's not just a play on the name of Dunkin, but the style. No thanks.

Now, a sugar coma in the parking lot of a glowing red Hot Donuts sign at a Krispy Kreme? I'm in.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12402 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dgrdvm
posted Hide Post
I look at donuts like I look at pizza and burgers.

Either its really good !, or its still pretty much good.

Not going to see me walking away from a donut very often !

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that'
George Carlin

Posts: 504 | Location: St Louis | Registered: June 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
Even a Walmart donut right out of the grease tastes as good as a Krispy Kreme. Cake donuts are worthless, no matter how fresh. Real donuts are made from yeast dough.

Posts: 8273 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
Only been to Duck Donuts in the Outer Banks where they started. They are good but best when they are right out of the oven, dipped in your choice of topping and still hot when you eat them.

Been to the one in Duck, and the one in KDH. Smile

Posts: 15022 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post