SIGforum
Duck Donuts: I Don't See What The Big Deal Is?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/4150012454

March 05, 2019, 12:51 PM
PASig
Duck Donuts: I Don't See What The Big Deal Is?
Guy at work brought Duck donuts in and is raving how amazing they are but I just don't see what the big deal is?

They are a plain cake donut that gets slathered or dipped or coating in a bunch of different shit, but at the end of the day it's still a plain donut just with a bunch of crap on it? They are pretty pricey too what what I hear.

We have a local donut place that makes REAL donuts of various flavors, cake type, yeast raised type, filled, coated etc. Not this gimmicky stuff.

March 05, 2019, 12:59 PM
sigmonkey
quote:

They are a plain cake donut that gets slathered or dipped or coating in a bunch of different shit, but at the end of the day it's still a plain donut just with a bunch of crap on it? ...

But, it's real duck shit...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!
March 05, 2019, 01:02 PM
fpuhan
Deep fried sugary fat. What's not to like?

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member
March 05, 2019, 01:18 PM
Skins2881
I'm a fan for sure. Luckily ours is right next to our favorite breakfast joint. We never have room left by the time we're done with breakfast.

BTW You need a vacation big time if you get all worked up about yummy made to order hot donuts. I'm not even sure how fresh donuts can piss someone off? Next time just don't eat one if they anger you so much.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis
March 05, 2019, 01:22 PM
229DAK
You should try Voodoo donuts in Portland, OR. If you can stand waiting in line.

March 05, 2019, 01:28 PM
GaryBF
That was my reaction when Krispy Kreme came to this area. Yuk.
March 05, 2019, 01:28 PM
PASig
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

BTW You need a vacation big time if you get all worked up about yummy made to order hot donuts. I'm not even sure how fresh donuts can piss someone off? Next time just don't eat one if they anger you so much.

Who said I was angry?

That's what cracks me up about this section; it's here because my post doesn't quite fit in the other sections, I just make an observation on some donuts and now I have anger issues and need a vacation?

Okaaaaay.

March 05, 2019, 01:40 PM
Otto Pilot
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
You should try Voodoo donuts in Portland, OR. If you can stand waiting in line.
Been there. Oh yeah.

They also have them in Hollywood, Orlando, Denver, Austin, and Eugene.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon
March 05, 2019, 01:44 PM
Orive 8
I have one close now, love the Smore's Donut Smile

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.
March 05, 2019, 02:09 PM
357fuzz
quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:

Blashephmy!!!! Krispy Kreme’s Rock!!!! Anyone have a Hurts Donut? A real place not the game when you were a kid. Everyone raves about them but, too much crap on them for me to like.
March 05, 2019, 02:32 PM
chansen92
If you really like donuts and you are in the area of Clare Mi you should stop by a donut shop called " Donuts & Cops." They make some of the best donuts you will find anywhere. And yes the place is owned and operated by some local Cops!
March 05, 2019, 03:41 PM
Skins2881
quote:
Who said I was angry?

Most people don't complain if they are happy? Especially about something free that they weren't forced to eat.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis
March 05, 2019, 03:46 PM
P250UA5
quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:

Add me this boat, not a big fan of KK. Plenty of indy donut shops here that are better IMO.

The Enemy's gate is down.
March 05, 2019, 04:10 PM
zoom6zoom
quote:
it's still a plain donut just with a bunch of crap on it

Yeah, when I want a chocolate donut, I want a chocolate donut.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.
March 05, 2019, 04:44 PM
Fredward
Incoming! DUCK! DONUTS!

Yeah, bad.
March 05, 2019, 06:00 PM
Bulldog7972
quote:
Originally posted by chansen92:
If you really like donuts and you are in the area of Clare Mi you should stop by a donut shop called " Donuts & Cops." They make some of the best donuts you will find anywhere. And yes the place is owned and operated by some local Cops!

Maybe I'll drive up and see Dr. Pol at the same time.
March 05, 2019, 06:22 PM
parabellum
DD is alright. I wouldn't turn up my nose at any.

If you want gourmet donuts, they are out there, but I'm not giving anyone twenty bucks for a single donut.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023
March 05, 2019, 06:34 PM
Orguss
There's a place up here that has "gourmet" donuts. They all taste like garbage to me. Hell, I'd rather have Safeway donuts to those "gourmet" donuts.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"
March 05, 2019, 07:19 PM
recoatlift
GODFREEDANIEL I sure would like a couple donuts about now!
March 05, 2019, 09:04 PM
flesheatingvirus
A single, plain Krispy Kreme right off the line when the hot light is on.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --