SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Duck Donuts: I Don't See What The Big Deal Is?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Duck Donuts: I Don't See What The Big Deal Is? Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
Guy at work brought Duck donuts in and is raving how amazing they are but I just don't see what the big deal is?

They are a plain cake donut that gets slathered or dipped or coating in a bunch of different shit, but at the end of the day it's still a plain donut just with a bunch of crap on it? They are pretty pricey too what what I hear.

We have a local donut place that makes REAL donuts of various flavors, cake type, yeast raised type, filled, coated etc. Not this gimmicky stuff.

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:

They are a plain cake donut that gets slathered or dipped or coating in a bunch of different shit, but at the end of the day it's still a plain donut just with a bunch of crap on it? ...

But, it's real duck shit...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Deep fried sugary fat. What's not to like?

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I'm a fan for sure. Luckily ours is right next to our favorite breakfast joint. We never have room left by the time we're done with breakfast.

BTW You need a vacation big time if you get all worked up about yummy made to order hot donuts. I'm not even sure how fresh donuts can piss someone off? Next time just don't eat one if they anger you so much.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
You should try Voodoo donuts in Portland, OR. If you can stand waiting in line.

Posts: 9001 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
That was my reaction when Krispy Kreme came to this area. Yuk.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

BTW You need a vacation big time if you get all worked up about yummy made to order hot donuts. I'm not even sure how fresh donuts can piss someone off? Next time just don't eat one if they anger you so much.

Who said I was angry?

That's what cracks me up about this section; it's here because my post doesn't quite fit in the other sections, I just make an observation on some donuts and now I have anger issues and need a vacation?

Okaaaaay.

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
You should try Voodoo donuts in Portland, OR. If you can stand waiting in line.
Been there. Oh yeah.

They also have them in Hollywood, Orlando, Denver, Austin, and Eugene.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
I have one close now, love the Smore's Donut Smile

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:

Blashephmy!!!! Krispy Kreme’s Rock!!!! Anyone have a Hurts Donut? A real place not the game when you were a kid. Everyone raves about them but, too much crap on them for me to like.

Posts: 4022 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chansen92
posted Hide Post
If you really like donuts and you are in the area of Clare Mi you should stop by a donut shop called " Donuts & Cops." They make some of the best donuts you will find anywhere. And yes the place is owned and operated by some local Cops!

Posts: 1622 | Location: owosso,Mi. USA | Registered: August 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Who said I was angry?

Most people don't complain if they are happy? Especially about something free that they weren't forced to eat.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:

Add me this boat, not a big fan of KK. Plenty of indy donut shops here that are better IMO.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
it's still a plain donut just with a bunch of crap on it

Yeah, when I want a chocolate donut, I want a chocolate donut.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Incoming! DUCK! DONUTS!

Yeah, bad.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chansen92:
If you really like donuts and you are in the area of Clare Mi you should stop by a donut shop called " Donuts & Cops." They make some of the best donuts you will find anywhere. And yes the place is owned and operated by some local Cops!

Maybe I'll drive up and see Dr. Pol at the same time.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
DD is alright. I wouldn't turn up my nose at any.

If you want gourmet donuts, they are out there, but I'm not giving anyone twenty bucks for a single donut.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
There's a place up here that has "gourmet" donuts. They all taste like garbage to me. Hell, I'd rather have Safeway donuts to those "gourmet" donuts.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
GODFREEDANIEL I sure would like a couple donuts about now!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
A single, plain Krispy Kreme right off the line when the hot light is on.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17244 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post