SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    “Kola Champagne” Soda Is NOT Cola!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

“Kola Champagne” Soda Is NOT Cola! Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
Picked up a bottle of this soda at a local Puerto Rican restaurant and I’m thinking “oh, I love Cola, let me try a PR version!”

GROSS! It’s like liquid BUBBLE GUM with about 6 pounds of sugar in each bottle. Seriously I think it was the sweetest, most disgusting soda I’ve ever tried to drink!

Wouldn’t you think “Kola” = Cola? Apparently not. Confused

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Distill it into rum?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wouldn’t you think “Kola” = Cola? Apparently not.

I believe kola is their version of our "soda" (or pop if you live in one of the backwards parts of the US). I think it applies to all carbonated soft drinks.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15696 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Soda is pop and a scoop or 2 of ice cream.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I prefer the term, "refreshing soft drink."

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
It was nasty.

Seriously the sweetest soda I’ve ever drank.

And yes, I’m from Pennsylvania so it’s always been “SODA” to me, not “Pop” or “Coke”.

I ran into that whole Coke-as-any-soft-drink weirdness while in the South when a I asked for a large “Coke” somewhere and they asked me what kind and I was confused. Uhh, Coca-Cola, like the only thing it can be to this Yankee? Big Grin

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
You Yanks and your “pop”, “unsweetened tea”, and...”mixed vegetables”.

:: shudder ::

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
^^^

And Creme-o-wheat.
(or as we call it, worn out grits...)

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
I prefer the term, "refreshing soft drink."

I always say "Tasty Beverage"

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:

Soda is pop and a scoop or 2 of ice cream.

if you live in New England its called tonic Big Grin

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wouldn’t you think “Kola” = Cola? Apparently not.

Is this the part where I should tell him what they call tea on Long Island, or no? Wink

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ain't champagne either.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
if you live in New England its called tonic

And then their is "Soda Pop"

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4251 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I can't help thinking of "Lola" by the Kinks when I read this. "When you drink champagne and it tastes just like Coca/cherry cola ..." (This depends on which version.)

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post