SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Do you know what this tool is? (yes I do)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you know what this tool is? (yes I do) Login/Join 
Picture of cparktd
posted
I should have just sold this think several yeas ago while it was worth a few hundred dollars! Now they go for as little as 50 bucks.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
I'm guessing it is a shear for asbestos siding.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
That one is not mine but I have one like it except in perhaps better shape.

I have used it going back to the mid 60s for both new complete shingle jobs to repairs.

But now... NOW, I need 14 or 15 shingles, woodgrain waves edge style, for a repair and I guess they outlawed even selling used ones. Mad You used to could find them around if needed but not so much anymore.

Guess I will have to find some work around.

Yes, they make substitutes that are non asbestos but they are special order around here and come in at about 10 buck each. Thats a no go for this project.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:
I'm guessing it is a shear for asbestos siding.

Yep. Sheer, with notcher/nibbler on top and hole punch on the nose for making nail holes needed.

Ha! I was offered 300 bucks for it about ten years ago. Not any demand for them now it seems. Need to find an alternative use for it!

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/9870087574

Razz

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12402 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post