SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    restrictive carry parameters and complaining
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

restrictive carry parameters and complaining Login/Join 
posted
guns are too heavy , light guns hurt my hands when I practice, I have to look a certain way ,
the weather won't comply, this style of holster is too restrictive , that style is too hot, this holster is too expensive, that holster won't stay where I put it, I am too skinny , I am too fat, Roll Eyes

Man that crap gets old.Cheese and rice !
its a tool , the gun is a tool, and if you value your person, a tool holder is required.
if you value your person , you can work around some amount of fashion, discomfort or aesthetics.

there needs to be some amount of "Suck it the hell up"

either that or get a sherpa with a llama and stop the complaining to carry the stuff.

or hire a body guard , something !

some of these people act like they are going through basic training.

just face the fact that you have to take personal protection with a grain of salt.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54600 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tell them they need to shave their pitts, get their eyebrows plucked and get their bikini area waxed.

Lately, I say that to man bun wearers.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
It needs to be chambered in 50AE, but with no recoil.and small and lightweight, but feel like a full size pistol.
Oh, and I want to carry it in my pocket w/o a holster. But I want an IWB holster but I don't want to wear a belt...

Posts: 6301 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A quote from my old man, a been there, done that WWII Vet and man of few words, on the occasion of my leaving home for military service:
"Son, always carry the biggest gun that you can shoot well"!
This statement pops into my head whenever I hear all the poop about CCW "styles".

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lately, I say that to man bun wearers.

I don't see much of that style here. Have seen it on TV though. I have never seen a sign for Bernie Sanders either. Interesting

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27925 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't want to get 7 holsters to accommodate my tuxedo suit, my gym cloths, my parkour outfit and skinny jeans !

and don't even get me started on magazines,
what if I "print", I don't want to print, printing is tacky

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54600 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGguy229
posted Hide Post
I usually tell those people they probably shouldn't carry and practice more.

Posts: 1721 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, my wife could be one of those.
I bought her a holster. Will not wear it. I got her a CC purse(uses sometimes), I bought her one of those tight undershirt/holsters, never tried it on and she said she wanted it.
She took her CC class and the instructor asked how each person planned to carry. She said purse and the guy went on the 10 minute tirade about how bad that was.
It is still the only way she carries and she just bought a new purse now.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr. Peteroniman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aquabird:
Yep, my wife could be one of those.
I bought her a holster. Will not wear it. I got her a CC purse(uses sometimes), I bought her one of those tight undershirt/holsters, never tried it on and she said she wanted it.
She took her CC class and the instructor asked how each person planned to carry. She said purse and the guy went on the 10 minute tirade about how bad that was.
It is still the only way she carries and she just bought a new purse now.

he told a woman her idea sucked? she will carry it that way out of spite, now
'F' him, who does he think he is
Smile

edited to add: not judging, just relating...

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed.
For after all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog.”
― Charles M. Schulz

Posts: 2012 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: June 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
The old cliché is that "carrying a handgun should be comforting, not comfortable". And there's quite a bit of truth to that.

Granted, some holster types will work better and be more comfortable for a certain person than others, and it's up to the individual to figure out what works best for them. But there's no setup that will be exactly as comfortable as carrying nothing at all, so bendable's exactly right... To one extent or another, you're going to have to learn to just suck it up, buttercup.

Posts: 32490 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post