SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Women customers at the cleaners
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Women customers at the cleaners Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
A few years ago, some Federal “consumer protection” agency was harassing dry cleaning businesses because they charged more to clean women’s shirts than men’s shirts. I don’t recall how that cane out, but likely I’m now paying more to get my shirts laundered as a result.

Yesterday, I was in line at my cleaners while some woman spend long minutes telling the clerk about special treatment required for many of her items. An all too common scene.

When I finally made it to the head of the line, I tossed my shirts and trousers on the counter. They were counted, I was handed a ticket, then left. Time is money!

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8946 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
And that’s the REAL reason they pay(used to anyway) more. It’s the same with haircuts.

Posts: 6159 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not as bad as finding yourself behind the fat lady in Walgreens with a cart full of crap and 4 pages of coupons, arguing with the clerk about, which coupons apply and which don't.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
{Joke time}

Monica Lewinski's dry cleaner was hearing impaired. She took a dress up to the counter.
Monica: Can you remove this stain?
Cleaner: What? Come again?
Monica: No, it's red wine.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
some woman spend long minutes telling the clerk about special treatment required for many of her items.

As if the cleaners would do anything she told them to.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post