SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    !!! WHAT'S UP GUYS!?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

!!! WHAT'S UP GUYS!? Login/Join 
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted
For the love of God,.. WHY does every YouTuber start their videos with this salutation?

It's maddening.

Posts: 11377 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I agree that this can be extremely annoying. But luckily, it's far from every YouTuber that does it.

None of the channels I visit on a regular basis launch into their videos with that. I've mostly seen it in either extremely amateurish videos (like Bubba in his backyard with his handheld iPhone trying to show you how to rewire the speakers in a 1973 Chevy), or especially on YouTube channels that are geared towards a young/immature audience with a Disney Channel-style overly enthusiastic and spastically energetic presentation.

There have been some channels that I've written off because, despite liking some or much of the content of their videos, the presentation was simply too annoying. Most often it's folks with verbal diarrhea who ramble incessantly, but others have been because of the cheesy, fake, overly-energetic "whaaaaat's uuuup guuuuys!" style of presentation.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I hate the longish verbal leadins/introductions before we get to the meat of what we're supposed to be learning about.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Yes. Very annoying.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:

I hate the longish verbal leadins/introductions before we get to the meat of what we're supposed to be learning about.

Exactly. Nothing will get me to click "Next" faster.

Here's how I like them:

"I'm going to show you how to install the framis bearing on a straight eight Rolls-Canardly."

And then he gets to it.

And lose the stupid fucking music while you're at it.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15209 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Moving cash
for money
posted Hide Post
[Ian’s voice]“Hi guys.”[/Ian’s voice]

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout" R.I.P. R.A.H.
Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga
NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Adult/Child/Infant Instructor
Red Cross Wilderness First Aid Instructor

Posts: 9912 | Location: Jawjah | Registered: December 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Hey YouTube, <insert name> here and today I'm going to show how not to start your video because I'm a feckless wretch with no otherwise marketable skills.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Yep. And if they start by saying... Just a quick video to...

You can bet your last dollar it ain't gonna be quick. More than likely 3 to 5 minuits of useless preamble. I nearly have a callus from hitting the right arrow key on my keyboard. (advances the vid in 5 second increments)

For a good example of how it should be done check out "1A Auto Parts" how to videos. I just checked one at random.

~8 seconds of their default intro.
~14 seconds introduce himself and to explain the purpose of the video, and sometimes giving a required tools list first.
Then at ~22 seconds the guy was wrenching on the car as he explains what he is doing. And all done with no overbearing music!

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Nothing makes me click away faster than shaky video and poor audio, due to not using a separate clip-on mic.

Posts: 18044 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
What's up guys !?

I think I just said hello ! Lol !

I hate the videos where the subject it's nit the star ...the video maker is.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
the comments usually get me,

good if not great song from X many years ago, that happens to be on the should track of some show,,

comment, 'I'm here cause of xyz tv show, or movie'

or,

2019, still rocking,,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post