SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Just Told Lucky Gunner To Pack Sand
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just Told Lucky Gunner To Pack Sand Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted
Ok, so all the on-line ammo sellers are slammed. I get that. But this one made no sense to me whatsoever.

Looking for SD ammo for my 10mm, Lucky Gunner had a round that fit the bill. Price was kind of high. Not gouging high. Just usual Lucky Gunner a bit high. Put a box in my cart and went to checkout to find out how badly I'd get nicked on shipping. Again: Kind of high, but that's LG.

Wait... what's this??? "We’re sorry, but due to extenuating circumstances we are not currently able to ship to your location." WTF? Must be some kind of misunderstanding.

So I tried to contact them. It took them several days to get back to me. Ok, they're busy. But their response basically appeared to boil down to "because we don't feel like it."

So I politely asked them to please delete my account when they had the time as I wouldn't be shopping with them again. That if they can't be there for me when I need them, I don't need them at all.

One of the stranger things I've seen a retailer do.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that's not great to see.

Have you looked at Underwood's offerings?

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16514 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
Yeah, that's not great to see.

I can't figure out what they're playing at

Oh well, there are plenty of fish in the sea--when they have stock. Ironically, I'd planned to buy something, almost anything, from them as a show of support, what with them being sued again and all.

quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
Have you looked at Underwood's offerings?

I hadn't thought to check Underwood's site. Lo and behold: The same thing LG was selling for over $22/box, Underwood is selling directly for $19/box. I guess LG did me a favour.

Wonder what their shipping is like? I'll have to check it out.

And their shipping charge was half as much as LG's!

Done! Thanks for the lead, WB!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
I’ve always gone to DoubleTap for my 10mm. They might not be the cheapest, but they make good ammo and they have treated me right.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
I’ve always gone to DoubleTap for my 10mm. They might not be the cheapest, but they make good ammo and they have treated me right.

Thanks. I'll look into it.

posted Hide Post
I have also been pleased with Underwood 10mm ammo. Nice folks.

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
Target Sports has 6 SKUs in stock at the time of this posting.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rev. A. J. Forsyth:
Target Sports has 6 SKUs in stock at the time of this posting.

Thanks, but I know. Been watching 10mm stock at Target like a hawk. That's how I picked up three boxes of Hornady 180 gr. JHP a couple days ago.

Otherwise, what they have in stock and what they've had in stock is/was not what I was looking for.

But no problem: Found what I wanted from Underwood today, thanks to WaterburyBob's suggestion.

Right now I'm resisting the urge to pick up a DoubleTap 10mm sampler Big Grin

posted Hide Post
Not sure about 10mm but Bass Pro seems to have a lot of ammo right now. They have many varieties in their bargain cave which brings the price closer to normal and on top of that a lot is free shipping!

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Granted, I haven't made any purchases during the pandemic, but Lucky Gunner has always been great to me, to the point that they wound up supplying the Basic Academy I taught in.

Sorry about your circumstances, but I'll stick with them.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:

Thanks. I'll look into it.

Also get on doubletap's mailing list. They send out frequent 30% off and free shipping codes... sometimes 40%. Good ammo too.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3209 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Mike McNett started DoubleTap to produce full power 10mm after becoming frustrated with the many underpowered “FBI 10mm” loads on the market. Although they have branched out to many different loadings, the 10mm is the original reason they exist.

DT’s toll free number is 1(866)357-10MM. That provides a clue about their roots.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mike McNett started DoubleTap to produce full power 10mm after becoming frustrated with the many underpowered “FBI 10mm” loads on the market. Although they have branched out to many different loadings, the 10mm is the original reason they exist.

DT’s toll free number is 1(866)357-10MM. That provides a clue about their roots.

I kinda want to get a 10mm now, just so I can buy ammo from them.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4618 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kidcop:
Granted, I haven't made any purchases during the pandemic, but Lucky Gunner has always been great to me, ...

As I wrote: They've always been on the high side, price- and shipping-wise, but when they had what I needed and others did not, they got my business. ISTR they always shipped promptly.

It's not like they're going to lose any sleep over losing my business Wink

quote:
Originally posted by 1KPerDay:
Also get on doubletap's mailing list.

I just created an account and checked the "newsletter" box. sigcrazy7's comments, just after your's, pushed me over the edge Smile

quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:
I kinda want to get a 10mm now, just so I can buy ammo from them.

I'm still considering making a purchase soon, despite the fact my near-term plans have been satisfied. (Or will be, once I actually receive what I've already ordered.) It will annoy my wife, if I do, though. And, without going into details, for good reason, too. So I'm fighting with myself over this.

Added to that is all the local ranges are now shut down, so I can't even finish breaking in the gun and working out its FTF issues, much less test any SD ammo I buy.

If you're at all serious about thinking of getting into 10mm, I would not hesitate too long.

I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Just a point of clarification. Isn’t the saying “pound sand”? Or have a been wrong all these years? Big Grin

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:

Just a point of clarification. Isn’t the saying “pound sand”? Or have a been wrong all these years? Big Grin
Either one will work. Smile

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
I've always used the term pack sand.

Might be a demographic thing.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ggile:
I've always used the term pack sand.

Might be a demographic thing.

Interesting.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post