SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    “Billboard” trucks
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

“Billboard” trucks Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
My bitch of the day: “Billboard” trucks with adverts such as “WE PAY MORE THAN CARMAX!” on all sides. The owners park them early in the morning right next to an intersection. Taking a prime parking spot all day, and obstructing view of traffic.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
A quick call to code enforcement may solve that problem.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Billboards are illegal where I live and that seems to be the runaround. One place uses a 20ft box truck another has vans all over. Aggravating but they get away with it.

Posts: 6955 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
A quick call to code enforcement may solve that problem.

Not if they are a properly licensed vehicle parked where one is legally allowed to park.

I've never seen the billboard truck companies park around here. They usually drive them around. I do see several companies with everything from cars to large box trucks wrapped with their own company information parked.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15695 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
I've never seen the billboard truck companies park around here. They usually drive them around.

Same. Only parked at night.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Around here we get them driving super slow through shopping center parking lots and clogging up traffic flow

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post