SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Enough rain already!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Enough rain already! Login/Join 
Picture of C-Dubs
posted
According to the website, we've had 7.79" of rain over the past 72 hours.
My poor sump pump is working double time.

Had to drive down to Gurnee earlier and came across 3 separate areas on state highways, that had 8"+ of water across them.

Enough already, damn!

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
Well all that I can say, the pool is full!

Sucks that roads are flooded and stupid people think it's ok to drive through. Some folks are just caugh up in the mess.

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
We can use some. Send it over here. I've had less than an inch over the last 2 months.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
We can use some. Send it over here. I've had less than an inch over the last 2 months.

Wish I could...it's still raining now. Calling for more between 3pm-6pm.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
We got 9 inches in June, according to KIAH data on weather.gov. Sitting at 28.25"YTD
Quite a bit of thunder going on right now, so I'm guessing more is on the way.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rainy in the Yoop too. June was very rainy.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
Wunderground says we've recorded 4.68" of rain today. That's kinda insane.

Sun peeked out right now, but another thunderstorm is supposed to roll through overnight.

posted Hide Post
It rains a fair amount where I am in Georgia, but I'm happy with any more that wants to come our way. Free water for my garden, grass, trees, and bushes? Sign me up.

Posts: 2014 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
We were fairly dry here in Central Florida right up to the end of May.

June 1st, it started. I don't think that we have missed a day. Every afternoon, anything from scattered showers to heavy duty thunderstorms. Every. Day.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have had roads closed around here due to flooding. Drove a little south today and the small river near us is flooded and the water is coming close to some houses around it.
My brother said he had trouble getting home from work two nights ago with all the flooded and closed roads.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
You may be getting the rain originally slated for Montana. We're burning up with temps in the 90°s and no rain in sight. Fires are starting to show their ugly scars with 2 months to go.

After near record winter snowfall, the spigot shut off.

This could be bad.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Think you could pipe some of that rain to Arizona and help put out our forest fires?

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
South Mississippi received 23 inches in June 2017. We got a little over 12 inches from the weak side of Tropical Storm Cindy alone. That was over three days only. Has rained most of July as well. Frogs are very happy.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
It's been sunny and 75°-80° for weeks-on-end up here in Seattle. No end in sight.

Posts: 5070 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To much here too. Yard looks like shit because all it does is rain. Have to keep putting the pool pump on backwash to drain some out.
Good thing is, my neighbor's yards look like shit too.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I dont think I've ever said "enough rain already!" snow, yes. heat, yes. wind, yes. but not rain...

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Please send it here. My grass is now straw. I haven't mowed it in nearly a month....

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lets say it has been raining for two weeks straight, stops for one day and resumes the next. If on that you say something like,
"I can't believe it's raining today!" There's always someone there to say , "We sure needed it."
No we didn't. It's been raining for the past two weeks, moron .

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
We had a really wet winter and spring. Record busting rainfall. Then June arrived and it just quit, like Mother Nature flipped a switch. Nothing since then and nothing in sight. Now we've got burn bans and fires popping up everywhere. At least we're not getting the triple-digit temperatures that the folks south of us are living with.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
I dont think I've ever said "enough rain already!" snow, yes. heat, yes. wind, yes. but not rain...

Exactly what I said when I lived in West Jordan across the valley from you.
Dry was the word.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post