SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Enough rain already!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Enough rain already! Login/Join 
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
Perhaps I should have prefaced it by saying that I appreciate rain and all the good things that it does. I just don't like the large deluges of rain we've experienced this week. Give me a half inch of rain per day for 18 days straight, that's great...just don't give me 9 inches in 2 days and expect me to be happy.
My poor sump pump was still kicking on every 30 seconds this morning, almost like clockwork. For my sump pit, that's roughly 12-15 GL of water being expelled per minute...laying in bed, I can hear it down there, like a hose going constantly.

Luckily, the forecast for rain in the coming week looks slim. Will give everything a much needed break.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
Please send it here. My grass is now straw. I haven't mowed it in nearly a month....

Wish we could!

I don't think we're much above average here in the Twin Cities, but I've been on a 4-5 day mowing rotation since the first of May.

I'm almost ready to declare that I'd LOVE it to go dormant.

Posts: 1407 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it has rained 18 out of the last 20 days here . Sometimes a sprinkle , sometimes a monsoon , but enough to keep the yard too wet to mow .

Posts: 4047 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I'm in western NC and we're in monsoon season here. Seems like it rains every day. We're about 5-6 inches above normal. I'll take it though. Last year this time we were in a record-setting drought.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
Well, I tried getting a decent picture of it, but this one will have to do. It's a busy intersection, and the message only stays up for about 4 seconds before switching.

You know it's bad when the church asks for intervention!

I know it is a bit hard to read, so I'll post what it reads:
"Would whomever keeps praying about our needing more rain please stop" Big Grin

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finally got 3 days without rain and temps in the 80's. Got the whole yard mowed yesterday and it needed it badly.
Forecast says no rain until the weekend which I find hard to believe. See what happens.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
I mowed Friday after work. One spot, about 80sq ft was pretty swampy. No rain for 3 days now, but it's forecast again for Wednesday through Sunday daily.