SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    My sense of humor and discretion.
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
My sense of humor and discretion. Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
Went in for a routine colonoscopy today. Schedule said "be here by 8:30 for check-in and prep, procedure scheduled for 9:30"

Well, I did my part, but the procedure didn't start until closer to 10:30. Doc came in to brief me and go over the forms and said "Sorry, I had an emergency gall bladder operation, so I'm running a little behind..."

About 2 dozen responses to that flew through my mind, but he didn't seem like he'd appreciate my twisted sense of humor so I bit 'em back. Pretty near hurt myself doing it too.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15225 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Report This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
Good on you. He probably heard it before anyway.

Posts: 832 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Report This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Probably a wise thing,you don't need any mistakes
with instruments down there Big Grin

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
That reminds me of a Doctor my girlfriend saw years ago. Dr. Payne.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9156 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Report This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
So what's up your ass today? Razz

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Report This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
So what's up your ass today? Razz

Nothin' but air at the moment!

I semi-seriously thought about looking for one of those wet-transfer kiddie tattoo things and tattooing "Welcome, Dr. Harmon" in the tramp-stamp position...

Posts: 15225 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
It's not healthy to hold it in, you know...

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Report This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
See, I think he was teeing up a softball for you and you let him down. Gotta knock those out of the park.

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Report This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:

Apparently technology has changed since my last one, no residual air/bloating after the procedure this time around. Last time was a fart circus...

Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravens1775:
See, I think he was teeing up a softball for you and you let him down. Gotta knock those out of the park.

Having been an inveterate wiseass since childhood, and having thereby wedged my foot firmly in my mouth innumerable times, I've developed a pretty good sense of who's up for it and who isn't.

I decided it probably wasn't wise to risk pissing off the man who was about to shove 4 feet of garden hose up my ass...

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:

Apparently technology has changed since my last one, no residual air/bloating after the procedure this time around. Last time was a fart circus...

Everything is smaller, back in the day they needed sherpas to get the equipment up in there.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Went in for a routine colonoscopy today.

At least you've got that behind you . . . .

Posts: 2771 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSAC:
quote:

And tomorrow's another routine day...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSAC:
quote:

Big Grin

Actually, it's a Good News/Bad News scenario. Good news is, the polyps were benign, bad news is that means I get to ride the silver pony every 5 years now.

Picture of dEX_RX
posted Hide Post
You're a better man than I. I can never seem to not take a shot at opportunities like that.

Edit: I've never had the procedure. Looking to stay that way for a while.

NXGen Tactical
CZ P-09 MHS Trials #79 | P320RX-TSS | P320SCR | VP9 LE

Posts: 110 | Location: Central Mass | Registered: January 30, 2017Report This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I had my most recent last fall. I remember (just barely) saying to the anesthetist, as he injected the Propofol into the IV line, "that's not doing anyth..."

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
My Urologist has a sign "Never accept a glass of lemon aid from this doctor".

Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
quote:
I decided it probably wasn't wise to risk pissing off the man who was about to shove 4 feet of garden hose up my ass...

Ha. Fair enough. It was your ass on the line after all

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Report This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Went in for a routine colonoscopy today. Schedule said "be here by 8:30 for check-in and prep, procedure scheduled for 9:30"

Well, I did my part, but the procedure didn't start until closer to 10:30. Doc came in to brief me and go over the forms and said "Sorry, I had an emergency gall bladder operation, so I'm running a little behind..."

About 2 dozen responses to that flew through my mind, but he didn't seem like he'd appreciate my twisted sense of humor so I bit 'em back. Pretty near hurt myself doing it too.

"You should try looking at it from my end"?

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Report This Post
E Plebmnista; Norcom, Forcom, Perfectumum.
Picture of OneWheelDrive
posted Hide Post
quote:
"...... so I'm running a little behind..."

Yours or his?

================================================
Ultron: "You're unbearably naive."
Vision: "Well, I was born yesterday."

Posts: 4788 | Location: St. Louis, Mo | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post