SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    3 sick dogs
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

3 sick dogs Login/Join 
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear the dogs are going to be ok.

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Liable never to get them outside again. Stopped by the Vet's. All three were on their backs, legs stuck straight up, asleep.

Posts: 7011 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm glad it most likely wasn't a deliberate act, but some ignorant, lazy, stupid person cost everybody a couple thousand dollars in vet bills, plus anxiety over their suffering.

Any chance the deputy found anything pointing to who dumped the rancid meat?

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
I'm glad it most likely wasn't a deliberate act, but some ignorant, lazy, stupid person cost everybody a couple thousand dollars in vet bills, plus anxiety over their suffering.

Any chance the deputy found anything pointing to who dumped the rancid meat?

The students took a detailed listing of what meat was found. They have the name of the butcher. The young people are all over this. If the person isn't found, it won't be from a lack of trying.

Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:

Dogs appear to be on the mend. Vet said the mini wiener dog "was too damn mean to die". They will stay for a couple of days until everything works thru their system.

Thank goodness ! ! !

Please hug them all from us, when they get home, and give the mini Doxie a big kiss from me Big Grin

She is just making sure to stick around for your grandson Wink

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
ulsterman

Would you email me?

I do not have your email address.

thx

sm

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
quote:

Dogs appear to be on the mend. Vet said the mini wiener dog "was too damn mean to die". They will stay for a couple of days until everything works thru their system.

Thank goodness ! ! !

Please hug them all from us, when they get home, and give the mini Doxie a big kiss from me Big Grin

She is just making sure to stick around for your grandson Wink

No doubt those two belong together.

posted Hide Post
Someone was generous and sent a donation, thank you.

Our vet does a lot of pro bono work. I've seen him give shots in exchange for an oil change. Or paint the roof of his barn, etc.

The money will buy dog food and toys for the families of those dogs who need the help.

posted Hide Post
I am so glad things are looking good for your hounds. That was an impressive effort by everyone involved--glad you have that kind of support where you are.

Posts: 117 | Registered: March 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Maui19:
I am so glad things are looking good for your hounds. That was an impressive effort by everyone involved--glad you have that kind of support where you are.

You reap what you sow.

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Glad your dogs are doing better and you found the source of the problem.

I had a dog the got into chicken bones that the people working on my neighbor's house had thrown onto my property. As part of the process, the vet x-rayed my dog and found a BB lodged under his skin. I suspect it was the shithead kid used to live next to a property we own. He had admitted shooting up a door on our shed to a Sheriff's Deputy. Fortunately for him, they had moved away before the BB was found in my dog.

Posts: 10824 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Been an interesting day.

Local forensics class came out for a real life event. The searched the area and put evidence flags down on anything that looked interesting.

They started finding pieces of paper and meat in the creek along the back edge of the property. We called the neighbors and got permission to go onto their property to search further up stream. That lead to another property. They found a small chest freezer that someone had pushed off the road into a culvert. Full of rancid meat. Best bet is that it was stolen.

I have another theory. Freezer took a dump, owner faced with a full load of bad meat and a freezer that he would have to pay to get rid of (refrigerant reclamation) took the whole Enchilada for a ride in the country. Somebody needs to test the freezer's operation. If no bueno the LEO's can cite the owner (if found) for illegal dumping and you and the neighbors may be able to bring suit for damages.

"Stolen" freezer seems to be an unlikely scenario to me anyway.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This was a freezer full of Ribeyes, T-Bones, brisket, etc.

Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
Glad everything worked out. It's kind of neat that the students were able to use it as a forensic case and get results. I'm super happy your dogs are ok. Lastly...

Where are pictures of said dogs? Smile

Posts: 10199 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Saw a photo of the mini weiner dog once. Still don't know her name, but know that she can take on 'yotes and make 'em think twice.

Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
We had a client who had 3 weenies. Lived out in the sticks, and the 'yotes decided to pick a straggler out and make off with her as a quick dinner. The client unfortunately witnessed the dog get picked up and carried off, at least 2 coyotes in sight as they entered the woods.

Later that night I get a call, the pet shows up at the back door, puncture wounds, all torn to heck, mandible fracture, but alive. They are tough.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Weiner dogs are no joke. Dated a woman who had 2 of them and they gave the squirrels and any other uninvited living thing that dared enter the yard or the trees above.

And they are crafty, working as a team to drive pray to the other in hiding.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
God bless 'em!

Oh, and always be armed when walking your dogs.

Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
At our old house, and back when we had our two mini's Bud & Wendy, they would chase the neighbors Boxer our of our yard.

It was the funniest thing to see.

But I guess anything that would willingly go into a badgers hole and face down a badger in its own environment has to be tough.

Posts: 3698 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Furranha

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sigmonkey,

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post