SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    3 sick dogs
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

3 sick dogs Login/Join 
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Yeah, and they are so dang cute Smile

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We got then home from the vet. They jumped out of the truck, ran up to the front door, and our grandson let them in the house.

They were, I said were, outside dogs.

One headed for my recliner. Sorry, I don't share.

Then they headed for the couch and the rug in front of the fire place.

Posts: 7016 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shiftyvtec
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:

I have another theory. Freezer took a dump, owner faced with a full load of bad meat and a freezer that he would have to pay to get rid of (refrigerant reclamation) took the whole Enchilada for a ride in the country. Somebody needs to test the freezer's operation. If no bueno the LEO's can cite the owner (if found) for illegal dumping and you and the neighbors may be able to bring suit for damages.

"Stolen" freezer seems to be an unlikely scenario to me anyway.

^^^this

They may have been prime cuts of meat but if that freezer took a shit and went unnoticed until the stink came, I have no doubt someone took the easy way out by dumping the whole lot.

Theft of meat seems unlikely.

It's good the dogs are OK. It's pretty cool they used the event as a test for students.

Posts: 1568 | Location: Near Austin, TX | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
We got then home from the vet. They jumped out of the truck, ran up to the front door, and our grandson let them in the house.

So glad to hear that they are all home and inside!

Please don't forget the hugs and the kiss Wink

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:

So glad to hear that they are all home and inside!

Please don't forget the hugs and the kiss Wink

I don't like inside dogs. They are our defense for intruders. Now, I've been over ruled. I was eating a roast beef sandwich and all 3 sat down in front of me and looked at each other. "We've been eating dog food and he has this?"

They have never been in the house and they have each gone to the door and sat down when they had to go outside and do their business. Don't think they quit moving when the took a dump and ran back to the door.

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Our dogs allow us to defend them from inside their house. Smile

Posts: 9491 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Same here Smile

Was hoping for an affirmative on the hugs and the kiss...

Considering all that happened, assumed that being inside was temporary, except for the mini Doxie.

Still don't know her name Frown

posted Hide Post
quote:
Same here Smile

Was hoping for an affirmative on the hugs and the kiss...

Considering all that happened, assumed that being inside was temporary, except for the mini Doxie.

Still don't know her name Frown

Her name is Hutton. When she speaks, everyone listens.

posted Hide Post
Dogs names:

1. ZTop. One nasty, rainy night I almost ran over him. He was walking down the middle of the road. I stopped behind him and he got into the truck. ZZ Top "Sharped Dressed Man" was on the radio. He beboped his head back and forth to the music

2. Curveball. She has an inner ear issue. When she runs from point A to B, it's in an arc.

3. Hutton. She ruled the roost from day 1. She walked up to the other two dogs, barked and growled and they slinked off. All 10 pounds of bad ass.

Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:

Her name is Hutton. When she speaks, everyone listens.

THANK YOU, sir ! Big Grin

Please give her a big kiss from me Wink

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I must not have been here, the day that there were doggy pictures.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30633 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
There was a photo of Hutton in the other thread about the coyotes...

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
There was a photo of Hutton in the other thread about the coyotes.
Where? I did a search, the only thing I came up with is a photo posted by The Monkey. I'm pretty sure it's not Hutton.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30633 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
It was in the September 30, 2017 08:52 PM post on page 2, hosted by postimage, but the link is broken or was not set to never expire...

Perhaps our good friend, Ulsterman, will post Hutton's photo, again ?

Even better would be photos of all three children ! ! ! Big Grin

Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
While we wait for Ulsterman, here are some pics of our 3 mini's. First up is Gretchen. She is 14 years old:

Second up is our senior citizen Jacks. He is 16 years old:

Third is Macie. She is 13 years old and now totally blind:

Now an "action shot" after a hard day of hunting badgers:

Posts: 3714 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the beautiful interlude, whilst we wait for Ulsterman to repost the photo of Hutton and hopefully the rest of the kids.

I just think Doxies are soooo wonderful Big Grin

Yours are so sweet looking. My wife's friend in Japan had a Doxie who blessed her with 19 years of love. They have two other Doxies and a Chihuahua whom they recently rescued from a sudden homeless situation.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by h2oys:
At our old house, and back when we had our two mini's Bud & Wendy, they would chase the neighbors Boxer our of our yard.

It was the funniest thing to see.

But I guess anything that would willingly go into a badgers hole and face down a badger in its own environment has to be tough.

The first mini we owned, used to chase my in-laws Rottweiler. That was also very funny! I'd love to get another one, but just not in the cards right now.

Posts: 132 | Location: PA | Registered: December 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
My Mother's Doxies dominated our Rotties. Big dogs have nothing to prove.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thank you for the beautiful interlude, whilst we wait for Ulsterman to repost the photo of Hutton and hopefully the rest of the kids.

I just think Doxies are soooo wonderful Big Grin

Yours are so sweet looking. My wife's friend in Japan had a Doxie who blessed her with 19 years of love. They have two other Doxies and a Chihuahua whom they recently rescued from a sudden homeless situation.

Wow - 19 years of age. Our first two mini's made it to 14. The healthiest of our current pack of 3, is Jacks and he is the oldest as well. He came from the Humane Society. Gretchen came from a breeder and has kidney issues. Macie was a rescue and not only is she blind but she has arthritis. She is my shadow and follows me everywhere. She even lays outside the shower while I am in it.

Posts: 3714 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Yes, Malon made a very good long run. Their other two are also senior as yours.

Please love on them a whole bunch for me Smile

Macie sounds as sweet as Jacks and Gretchen. I am glad she is so attached to you. There is nothing quite like having a dog bond to you.

We have now lost both our Yorkies, but have the poodle mix we adopted before we lost the first Yorkie. I would tell folks there was a Doberman packed inside each one. You should have seen them work as a pair chasing rabbits. It was amazing.

We are sitting one of our former fosters, now, but she will go home tomorrow. Our Francie has had some fun-filled days of roughhousing, just like when they were both our fosters.

We are adopting a large breed puppy, at the end of the month. About that time, there is a blind dog coming from Texas, whom we will foster. Apparently, he was so neglected that his eyes became infected and have to be removed. One has already been taken and the other will be taken next week... Frown