SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    How hard is it to understand assigned seats
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How hard is it to understand assigned seats Login/Join 
posted
Theater here has assigned seating (and really big reclining chairs) and has pretty much become the only place I watch movies mostly because you can pick your seat.

4 of us go to the movie last night and when we show up there is a lady in my seat and her dog in a duffle bag in my brothers seat. I ask her what seat she has thinking there may have been a mix up .

Lady: I'm in C6
Me: Oh well I'm in F4
Lady: OK well where is that
Me: Your sitting in it
Lady: (While getting up to leave) Well it's not like there aren't plenty of empty seats to you could have sat in.
Me: Their assigned seats....

She then moves 1 row down and sure enough people show up for their seats and she has to move over and while in the middle of complaining about how she doesn't want to sit down in the front where her seat is yet more people show up and she has to move again.

After the 4th time she has to move she leaves the dog in a seat and gone for about 10 minutes during which the person assigned to the seat the dog is left in arrives. She finally shows up to collect the dog and leaves.

I just don't get it.

Posts: 2489 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sureshot45:
I just don't get it.

I do.

She's simply an inconsiderate moron.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Oddball for the win.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12746 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
I can understand why she is watching a movie alone with a dog.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rtquig:

Because they had assigned seating and she could get on for her dog.

Dang people kept making her move to a place where it was too close for the seeing eye dog to see the screen. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Entitled assholes. Mad

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Yeah, might have been worse, she could've been there to watch the movie alone with a cat Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by rtquig:

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it was a scary movie perhaps it was her emotional support dog. You should have checked that.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
What movie?

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
What movie?

Baby Driver

Posts: 2489 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
perhaps it was her emotional support dog.
Nope, I think they mostly use turkeys for that.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSB3
posted Hide Post
Guilty of doing this at every baseball game I go to. My brother and I sort of make a sport of it. We can usually tell when the ticket holders show up. They have a confused look on their face and begin to count seats and rows with their fingers. We just wave, get up and move on.

Blaming the crime on the gun, is like blaming a bad story on the pencil.

Posts: 1068 | Location: Saint Charles Missouri | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Had this happen at a movie. Two guys bought seats that weren't next to each other. But were trying to sit together.

They were forced to move 3 times before they finally sat in their assigned seats. It's not that freaking hard people. Don't buy the seat you don't want to sit in.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JSB3:
Guilty of doing this at every baseball game I go to. My brother and I sort of make a sport of it. We can usually tell when the ticket holders show up. They have a confused look on their face and begin to count seats and rows with their fingers. We just wave, get up and move on.

I have done it before - but usually just once. If I get busted and have to move, I'll go ahead and sit in my assigned seat. I've never tried it three times or whatever like this lady did...

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Might make me a hypocrite but I don't see baseball games and movies as equals. Baseball games have 20k plus seats with it being common for a company to have a block of 8 seats that often go unused vs. a Wednesday night movie that sat maybe 300 people and I just don't expect a large number of no shows from people who buy a movie ticket in advance.

Plus she literally had to look at the seating map when she bought tickets, I get that you were there before the movie started but the great thing about the reserved seats is that you don't have to worry about showing up early to get a good seat.

posted Hide Post
Pre-show show.

I should be tall and rich too; That ain't gonna happen either

Posts: 358 | Location: NW NJ | Registered: December 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Same thing happened at the baseball game. Someone is sitting in our seats. I tell them they have to move. They say someone is sitting in their seats. I say make them move. I triggered a snow ball effect and about 10 people had to move. Its printed right on the freaking ticket. I could see if they decided to move seats after the 7th inning.

Posts: 5406 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I assume one knows which seat they are purchasing at the time of purchase. Why did she buy the friggin seat if she knew she didn't want to sit there?

And I'm not even going to ask about the dog. I love dogs but wtf?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
Same thing happened at the baseball game. Someone is sitting in our seats. I tell them they have to move. They say someone is sitting in their seats. I say make them move. I triggered a snow ball effect and about 10 people had to move. Its printed right on the freaking ticket. I could see if they decided to move seats after the 7th inning.

Went to a Rockies game with tickets behind the dugout and chased a couple out of our seats. Usher checked their tickets and pointed to the left field bleachers.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ulsterman,

Posts: 7011 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Baaaaaah!!! LMAO!!! The spewed coffee didn't quite make to the monitor, but I had to wipe down the keyboard.... Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post