SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Dinty Moore Beef Stew – Where’s the beef?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dinty Moore Beef Stew – Where’s the beef? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
Against my better judgement, I picked up a couple of cans of DM. (My usual discount grocer was closed.) Yep, exactly as the OP described. Roll Eyes In the 20-oz. (medium sized) can there were three tiny slivers of meat. I suppose if there's as little as one piece they can call it "beef" stew.

Kind of like the one cherry in the Hostess Cherry pie?

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1365 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cheap and makes a turd.
egregore- a better testimonial has nary been espoused.

Posts: 7453 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
As I explained in the OP of this thread (Dec 2020), two cans of Dinty Moore Beef Stew purchased at that time had far less beef than cans purchased a year previously.

I use Facebook to keep up with the doings of my SiL and niece. Recently, Dinty Moore began placing an advertising video on FB showing Dinty Moore Beef Stew being ladled out with beef density of old.

Has anyone here actually seen that improvement in recently-purchased cans? Dinty Moore Beef Stew of olden times was pretty damned good IMO.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8946 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
As I explained in the OP of this thread (Dec 2020), two cans of Dinty Moore Beef Stew purchased at that time had far less beef than cans purchased a year previously.

I use Facebook to keep up with the doings of my SiL and niece. Recently, Dinty Moore began placing an advertising video on FB showing Dinty Moore Beef Stew being ladled out with beef density of old.

Has anyone here actually seen that improvement in recently-purchased cans? Dinty Moore Beef Stew of olden times was pretty damned good IMO.

I also posted previously in the OP concerning the quantity and quality of Dinty Moore beef and I noticed recently that there was more "beef" in my DM Beef Stew. Still not sure if it was beef though.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Been a long time since I had Dinty Moore...

Now prefer Progresso, they have some of the best canned soups made, JMO.

https://www.progresso.com/products/?Soups=All_Soups

Agree! This is good stuff. A nice hearty meal. All the Progresso soups are good.

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post