SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Firefox update...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Firefox update... Login/Join 
posted
man, did they screw it up with latest update. Google something on Firefox and get dozens of ads for the same subject.

Is Brave better and can I move my bookmarks over to Brave.

Or, is there a better, no nonsense browser available?

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
man, did they screw it up with latest update. Google something on Firefox and get dozens of ads for the same subject.

Try DDG. Google sucks anyway

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1487 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I moved from FF to Brave and yes you can move your bookmarks, passwords, etc. easily.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:

It is always a good ideal to have multiple browsers installed as each website can be written and programmed differently.
Doesn't work on one site then just use another, no such thing as just one good browser.
You can always import/export favorites/bookmarks between them.
MS and Google (when their respective accounts enabled you can also sync between devices, not sure of the other browsers).
YMMV
And yes the Brave does work nicely too and you can import other bookmarks/favorites.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Might be a memory leak in the update, too. I'm suddenly burning 8GBs of RAM while browsing the interwebs.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Im with Bald1.I moved everything to Brave. I just use Braves home page and picked the content I wanted to scroll to. Did away with Yahoo.

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1363 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The disabled backspace navigation is getting on my nerves.

Posts: 586 | Location: NC | Registered: March 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
firefox, ddg, adblock plus...i see few, if any adds on cell phones/pc/laptops.

Posts: 2207 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by safespot:

You can edit the setting for that. Go to about:config in the address bar. Search for "backspace" and change the setting to 0 (zero) to turn on the backspace navigation.
That's the single reason I haven't moved to Brave, since you don't seem to be able to turn it on in that browser.

Posts: 698 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Might be a memory leak in the update, too. I'm suddenly burning 8GBs of RAM while browsing the interwebs.

Less than a gig here---------------how many tabs you running??

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4561 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PKFan:
quote:
Originally posted by safespot:

You can edit the setting for that. Go to about:config in the address bar. Search for "backspace" and change the setting to 0 (zero) to turn on the backspace navigation.
That's the single reason I haven't moved to Brave, since you don't seem to be able to turn it on in that browser.

Thank you! Followed your instructions and backspace now works as it did before.

Posts: 586 | Location: NC | Registered: March 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post