SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Installing and setting up Windows 10
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Installing and setting up Windows 10 Login/Join 
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
After playing with things for a bit now I can say that functionally I think I have 98% of things set. My media player works for music which is great as that is used the most, but it still don't work for videos, so I went with VLC for that.

I will say I think visually Windows 10 seems to be a step backwards. It's a bit ugly, most notably with the start screen. Everything just seems kinda too square/blocky, industrialish maybe???

Oddly while looking around for ways to pretty it up a bit, I only seem to find how to make Win 8 look like 10 or making 8/10 look like 7. I can't find anything on how to make 10 look like 8.

I have decided to try to use 10 on a more daily basis instead of 8 just so I can get myself more used to it, altho I still have not dumped 8 yet Smile

Posts: 483 | Location: Sussex WI | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
I think I may have spoke too soon Confused

Went to try some gaming last night. The first game I had no issues with. Played for maybe a hour or so. The second game however...constant freezing and crashing. After a couple reboots and trying to figure out what's up, I noticed that windows is now acting a bit wonkey. One example being Nvidia control panel.

It usually opens nice and fast, within a second, but now it takes almost a full minute to open. When I try to adjust the 3D setting, it will lock up and I have to use task manager to close it. I tried a driver refresh, including using DDU, and still no change.

I am also noticing other thing taking longer to open than they did before the game issue.It seemed to be working nice up to that point. So now I am scratching my head again.

Posts: 483 | Location: Sussex WI | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post