SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Wifes cancer and Wegeners Disease competing for which can be the biggest pain...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wifes cancer and Wegeners Disease competing for which can be the biggest pain... Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
My wife had thyroid cancer, had her thyroid removed, and has been given the full radiation treatment three times now.

Then just when we think that's all over, here comes fucking Wegeners Disease which is causing all manner of problems for her. She has been on massive doses of steroids and something else, and that's not good for you. But every time they back it off it comes roaring back. Now she needs some infusions which they hope will drive it out of her for a year or so.

If that's not enough, yesterday they say they need to talk to us about her last scan for cancer, apparently they see something on the scan.

When will there be a break? The last year hasn't been easy on her, we had a failed attempt at an adoption, then a second attempt didn't work out, the baby passed away. Her father died, and her mom is in poor health. And dealing with one health issue after another. She needs a break from all of this.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Prayers for the both of you.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My prayers as well. Daughter has that issue with her thyroid.
Good luck and hang in there.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will say a prayer for comfort for you and your wife.

PC

Posts: 1332 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
I’m sorry to hear about all this.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
wow.

Prayers and thoughts of comfort, healing and wisdom is all I have to offer. Know that they are sincerely sent.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12304 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Wish her good luck dealing with it.
My sister has Wegener's, until a few years ago there wasn't even any treatment for it.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Thanks all. To pile on they wanted to talk to us about her ultrasound, possible lymphoma or lukemia. They are doing a biopsy in 2 weeks.

It's possible it's another symptom of the Wegeners, so right now that's what we are hoping for.

This wegeners is a total bitch. Never heard of it before but man it just screws with everything. Rashes, joints, organs, any blood vessel in the body it can just randomly decide to screw with at any time.

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I will be keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers for the best very possible outcome with all of this...I know, sometimes it feels like when it rains...it pours Frown

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old of a Cat,
to be licked by a Kitten
Picture of Klusk2
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear this. My prayers go out to both of you.

The Working Police.....
"We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful."

Posts: 2514 | Location: "Mag"azine Mile | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Jesus dude if you ever want a drink and unload let me know I will buy. If you are in middle TN.

Prayers for you and yours.

Chris

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
You are both in our prayers. I'm sorry to read of all the things you are both dealing with.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Censored
posted Hide Post
Checking in to see how you and your wife are doing.

Posts: 2223 | Location: United States | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Good thoughts and prayers sent your way.

Posts: 3697 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Thanks all. She is undergoing transfusions now to try and force the wegeners into remission. They are making her really tired, but so far that's the only side effect. Her biopsy for the leukemia didn't happen, they tried but the lymph nodes they wanted were too deep and surrounded by arteries so we don't know what the next step is yet.

The thyroid cancer scan is coming up but I don't want her getting any more radiation unless they feel there is some specific and immediate danger. Her body needs to have some time to correct itself.

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Cslinger, thanks for the offer, yes I am in Murfreesboro, smack in the middle of middle Tennessee.

A Nashville / TN meet up and shoot would be sweet, lots of members in the area. Need to find a range for a forum meet and shoot.