SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Grrrr Rolex your killing me
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Grrrr Rolex your killing me Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
I just looked up the Rolex Calibre 9001. I am very impressed. What a wonderful movement.

I understand why you want this watch so badly!

Rolex developed it in house, their most complex movement to date.

Rolex is on par with the super watch calibers.

Is that the 72 hour reserve power...with 5 year factory warranty?

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
quote:
Originally posted by Timdogg6:
Yeah, Marzy that's it. I'm in at 15 not at 21.

DAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMN The GOLD one is only $17k at Joma.

That blue dial must be something special.

Most of the Rolex stainless steel sports watches are selling for more than the same watch with gold in them.
Their is a lot of talk on the watch forums why this is the case and it looks like it will be this way for a while.
Look at the prices in the secondary market on the stainless steel Daytona.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2553 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The watch is a Stainless Sky Dweller with a blue face. Its been incredibly difficult to source, and a 2 year wait seems about the norm as people seem to be just getting them now on Rolex Forum. You can pay another $5,000 and get it now but that is greymarket and I was really hoping to get it from an AD.

I have had exactly 2 watches in 30 years. I get what I like and keep it. I have little to no interest in any other model.

I really don't want to go to the bottom of the list at another AD if they will even add me to the list, most wont due to lack of ability to fill the order.

And haters, just step out of the conversation. If I wanted a timex I would have bought one.

Just call them and ask them or go there. It won't be but a few minutes of your time. They have 6 stores that are all Rolex AD's and the manager and Eliot at the Fort Lauderdale Galleria store will jump through leaps and bounds to make it happen. They might even have one in the pipeline to make it happen ASAP. It won't hurt to call though.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
Jimmy, thanks for the info, Ill do that for sure. Im in Boca and the Mayors here hasn't seen a single one yet....so they say.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5130 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jimmy, thanks for the info, Ill do that for sure. Im in Boca and the Mayors here hasn't seen a single one yet....so they say.

Local Rolex AD in Mall at Millenia didn't have one on display, as much of a long shot as that may have been.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Lot of hate here. I love mechanical watches, and Rolex fits the bill. Timdogg6, I hope you find your watch. I love my sub and my BLNR.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
My Submariner is worth more used today than when I bought it new 4 years ago. Cant say that about an iPhone or the "go fast bits" on a car. Not saying it's a good investment, but I've spent money in worse ways with less to show for it.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I hope you find one and get it soon!

I eagerly await pix of your watch when you get it in the watch thread!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Good looking watch and now that they are building watches big enough for my wrist, my sub at 40mm just looked small, I need to look at them again. I have been debating about a Pam 88...or 84 or the PO GMT but the new explorer 2 at 42mm looks nice. Bracelet is still a little thin but it's better quality than my current PO45.5mm.

Love that blue, so does the misses....she wants a blue AirKing.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
My Submariner is worth more used today than when I bought it new 4 years ago. Cant say that about an iPhone or the "go fast bits" on a car. Not saying it's a good investment, but I've spent money in worse ways with less to show for it.

Same with my DSSD, even in the condition it's in (I wear it every day and beat the shit out of it).

Tim-I know you'd prefer to go the AD route, but I went with DavidSW, he's local to me, and I have no complaints. Either way, you'll find the right one and it'll be aweomse, it's just a matter of time.... Big Grin

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of keltoi
posted Hide Post
Buy a Steinhart Ocean One that will be just as reliable and costs $400.00 as opposed to an Rolex Submariner in Stainless Steel and costs &7000.00 plus. My Steinhart is more accurate than either of my Rolex Submariner,s.

Posts: 630 | Location:  | Registered: December 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
Good luck on your hunt, Tim. I have a Datejust II in steel and white gold, with the blue baton dial. The blue skydweller dial is similar in color and shade, I believe. It has a nice bit of pop without being gaudy, and the Skydweller movement and mechanics are really, really cool.

My DJII:

When it comes to matters of this sort, don't compromise - you'll regret it later. I hope you find your watch! Good luck!

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by keltoi:
Blahblahblahs.

Camry better than Carrera too.

Why do folks who obviously don't get it always feel the need to educate someone with an entirely different viewpoint, one that is well explained and reasoned, as though they are an idiot who never considered that a Casio also tells time. The passing footnote of having two Rolex holds no value. If you were genuine you'd sell those pieces of shit and roll around in the money!

Shocking. Shocking I say!

Good luck with your hunt. That's a nice piece, one I'd not seen before. I've always admired the history and manufacture of Rolex but the "image" has never been a good fit for my jobs, past or present. Maybe I should get one now for retirement!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Maybe I should get one now for retirement!

Yes, you should. Along with an Omega.

I got mine as a reward for living 50 years.

Yes, the Rolex IS all that and a box of crackers.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:
Originally posted by keltoi:
Blahblahblahs.

Camry better than Carrera too.

Why do folks who obviously don't get it always feel the need to educate someone with an entirely different viewpoint, one that is well explained and reasoned, as though they are an idiot who never considered that a Casio also tells time. The passing footnote of having two Rolex holds no value. If you were genuine you'd sell those pieces of shit and roll around in the money!

Shocking. Shocking I say!

Good luck with your hunt. That's a nice piece, one I'd not seen before. I've always admired the history and manufacture of Rolex but the "image" has never been a good fit for my jobs, past or present. Maybe I should get one now for retirement!

Yeah, I don't get it why only one persons viewpoint is accurate to them but they force it on others.

I always wore TAG's but had to get them repaired every 2 years +/-. While I had always loved the Stainless/platinum 40mm Rolex Yachtmaster, I was too cheap to buy myself one even though I could afford to. I happened to walk into the AD here with my broken Tag (needing only a battery not repair this time) in 2012 and mentioned to them I always loved the yachtmaster but was too cheap to buy you one...…..their response......Well, we're having a friends and family sale right now and we'll sell you a brand new one with an extended 2 year warranty on top of the 2 year Rolex warranty for 30% off MSRP. I quickly did the math in my head and realized that's exactly what used ones were selling for......so I bought it...….and wear it daily and it hasn't broken! hehehehe

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah, Marzy that's it. I'm in at 15 not at 21.

But this one has free shipping. That's worth something!!

Posts: 1994 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Several years ago Dave located a particular Rolex I wanted for my daughter but couldn’t find. It’s not a line he carries but he made some calls and got it for me. Maybe he knows someone who has the one you’re looking for.

Posts: 6955 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love my Rolex's!!!! They don't have the finish of a Patek, VC, AP, or ALS, but they are very durable and keep good time, +/- 2-5 seconds a day, acceptable for a mechanical watch.

SS versions are really in demand now, there is a waiting list. AD's are giving preferential treatment to repeat customers.

I have heard great things about DavidSW.

Posts: 652 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post