SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Grrrr Rolex your killing me
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Grrrr Rolex your killing me Login/Join 
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
In my opinion, the dealer saved you from making a big mistake. Rolex watches, are in my opinion, over-hyped and not worth the money. And the warranty they offer? Pitiful.

Find yourself an Omega, a Vacheron Constantin, or Patek Phillipe.

Panerai and don't look back Big Grin

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have owned two Rolex watches, a 1974 stainless Daytona, which I sold way too early and a GMT II Coke watch. The key to telling an authentic Rolex from a fake is that the fake Rolex keeps time.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Haters gonna hate. Big Grin

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
As a car guy I've long wanted a Daytona. Especially in white gold (yellow is too plebeian in a gold chain kind of way). At one time I could've done it but instead used my so-called Daytona fund for...get this...buying (and maintaining) cars. Seemed more fitting that a car guy actually play with the things that makes him a 'car guy' in the first place, right? Anyways, then came marriage and commitments and...*sigh*...the end of the Daytona Dream as the watch budget ultimately morphed across other interests and finally over into the fun time gun budget.

No Regrets. Well mostly no. Okay, so there's some. But it's only a little. Sorta.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
I gave up watches 12 years ago. I use the phone when I actually give a shit what time it is.

Why post this? For fucks sake...

Good for you! Stay edgy, angry, whatever...

Stare into your palm while others appreciate timekeeping with style.

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Which Rolex are you looking for?

I settled on a pre-owned with warranty from Crown and Caliber at a fraction of the cost of a new one.

I'm certainly not rich, but my bank loan on it is costing me $150 a month.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
I have owned two Rolex watches, a 1974 stainless Daytona, which I sold way too early and a GMT II Coke watch. The key to telling an authentic Rolex from a fake is that the fake Rolex keeps time.
That's hilarious. Over in Dubai and Bahrain, they make fakes of everything - they even have different levels of 'fake'. $15, $30, $75, etc.

Usually guys would by the $15 fake Rolex for that port call and by the end it would be broke and busted. One time a squadronmate bought the $75 fake. It lasted for a long time and when we walked into a fine watch store in Europe on the way home, it took the guy a long time to figure out it was a fake. Plus it kept good time. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
My Rolex needs a new battery.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:

You have a quartz one? Those were pretty cool, but they don't make them any more.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:

You have a quartz one? Those were pretty cool, but they don't make them any more.

It's a fake.

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

It's a fake.

Maybe not. Rolex made two Quartz movement watches in the '80's.

I have thoughts of getting one as they keep time.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
It was called the Qysterquartz. Rolex considers it a non-servicable movement and will stick a 3135 back in it if it fails.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
quote:
quote:
quote:

It's a fake.

Maybe not. Rolex made two Quartz movement watches in the '80's.

I have thoughts of getting one as they keep time.

Pepsi Bezel GMT. Definitely a fake.

-Bomber Harris

Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
The watch is a Stainless Sky Dweller with a blue face. Its been incredibly difficult to source, and a 2 year wait seems about the norm as people seem to be just getting them now on Rolex Forum. You can pay another $5,000 and get it now but that is greymarket and I was really hoping to get it from an AD.

I have had exactly 2 watches in 30 years. I get what I like and keep it. I have little to no interest in any other model.

I really don't want to go to the bottom of the list at another AD if they will even add me to the list, most wont due to lack of ability to fill the order.

And haters, just step out of the conversation. If I wanted a timex I would have bought one.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5131 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Is this it?

https://www.jomashop.com/rolex-watch-326934blso.html

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Timdogg6:
The watch is a Stainless Sky Dweller with a blue face. Its been incredibly difficult to source, and a 2 year wait seems about the norm as people seem to be just getting them now on Rolex Forum. You can pay another $5,000 and get it now but that is greymarket and I was really hoping to get it from an AD.

I have had exactly 2 watches in 30 years. I get what I like and keep it. I have little to no interest in any other model.

I really don't want to go to the bottom of the list at another AD if they will even add me to the list, most wont due to lack of ability to fill the order.

And haters, just step out of the conversation. If I wanted a timex I would have bought one.

Understood.

May still be worth a call to Dave, who may be able to put you in touch with a good AD.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I just looked up the Rolex Calibre 9001. I am very impressed. What a wonderful movement.

I understand why you want this watch so badly!

Rolex developed it in house, their most complex movement to date.

Rolex is on par with the super watch calibers.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Marzy that's it. I'm in at 15 not at 21.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5131 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
quote:

Very nice!

Posts: 3698 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:

DAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMN The GOLD one is only $17k at Joma.

That blue dial must be something special.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!