SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I worked over 532 hours of overtime this year for FREE, and all I got was a 6-page thank you letter.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I worked over 532 hours of overtime this year for FREE, and all I got was a 6-page thank you letter. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I've been there and done that, and that's why I don't do that anymore.

I started off as an instrumental and vocal music teacher. Couldn't get away from it quick enough. I don't mind doing a job, but schools think they own your ass 24/7 and feel that you owe them a thanks for the privileged to work 20 hours a day. Say what you want, but it is the work for suckers. I had to find all my musical satisfaction playing in symphonies, conducting, symphonies and theater orchestras acting and directing in opera and musical theater and singing in quality community choruses.

"If you think everything's going to be alright, you don't understand the problem!"- Gutpile Charlie
"A man's got to know his limitations" - Harry Callahan

Posts: 9249 | Location: Indian Territory, USA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post