SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Narcissism, your phone, your driving, your bafroom etiquette
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Narcissism, your phone, your driving, your bafroom etiquette Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Awesome post.

I just experienced 90% of these same items listed at the gym two hours ago.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
I do not think it has to do with Narcissism. That trait has been around forever. It has to do with being a polite society, and being considerate of others. Lack of effective parenting and a loss of discipline in the schools are major contributing factors. JMHO

I agree. I went to a small local hotel that has several small businesses and restaurants with parking attached. As I was walking in on the ground floor, I encountered an older woman laying on the ground, with another older woman sitting next to her, and two older men standing and looking helpless. As I slowed and took in the situation, a herd of maybe 5 young adults (20s) walked in behind me, and just flowed around us, continuing their conversation like nothing was out of the ordinary. I stopped dead and waited til they tromped upstairs, chattering, and then I asked if any help was needed. I was assured help was on its way, and thanked for my concern.

Those little assholes never missed a beat. Never stopped, never looked, never cared. I wanted to scream. At them, of course.

And now we have idiots who haven’t earned an f-ing thing (and will most likely harm someone else or cost us as taxpayers many $$$$ through their own stupidity) get a sailboat handed to them, for posting on social media. It’s utter insanity.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I’d be thrilled if the bro squad at the gym would stop setting off stinkbombs in the locker room. I believe the weaponized aerosol is called body spray. If you lit a match it’d be like a MOAB went off.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Car explodes after man uses body spray, lights cigarette

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
And bathrooms anywhere, oh my. Paper towels all over the floor, piss all over the floor. I’m turning into “shit break” from American Pie as I only want to drop a deuce at home it’s so filthy everywhere.

I fly pretty frequently for work, this is the prime reason for me getting an airline club membership.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6476 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I avoid public restrooms at all costs . I used to travel a lot for my work . I had a service van . I used to carry a 5 gal bucket and a roll of garbage bags at all times . Pull into a rest area , climb in the back and a few minutes later take a stroll to the closest trash can . Done deal .

Posts: 3970 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Just nearly got taken completely out.
3 lane service road to a major freeway. I’m in the left lane of service road. 55mph on the service road, 70 on the highway. I start accelerating to match speed for highway entrance when a full sized truck cuts me off from 2 lanes over. Last minute Larry move. I had to brake hard. I merge on to the freeway and accelerate to catch the truck. I look over, lady on her phone, clueless. On the fly, I come up with “you nimrod jackwagon mother fucker.” Got damn it was close to collision. Happened just a few miles from the house. This is a daily occurrence.....shit like this. Watch your six.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
I avoid public restrooms at all costs . I used to travel a lot for my work . I had a service van . I used to carry a 5 gal bucket and a roll of garbage bags at all times . Pull into a rest area , climb in the back and a few minutes later take a stroll to the closest trash can . Done deal .
I didn't really need to know that.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yeah. Some of us will retain that mental picture every time we pull into a rest stop. Can be as bad as an annoying commercial jingle we cannot get out of our head. LOL

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:

Yeah. Some of us will retain that mental picture every time we pull into a rest stop. Can be as bad as an annoying commercial jingle we cannot get out of our head. LOL

I thought it was hilarious. You don’t want to cut him off in traffic or fuck with him at all. He could follow you until you park and hit your vehicle with one of those trash bags. Gives new meaning to a bag of shit, literally Big Grin

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with you. People have completely lost it. It ought to make us re-think to what we degree we interact with the human race now. Becoming a recluse, a hermit, or a monk sounds like a pretty good option today.

Posts: 774 | Registered: June 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
I’d be thrilled if the bro squad at the gym would stop setting off stinkbombs in the locker room. I believe the weaponized aerosol is called body spray. If you lit a match it’d be like a MOAB went off.

I had students do this, in the classroom, right before the bell. Of them, the males and their "AXE" poison gas were the worse. Then, they had complained about the smell when they arrived.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
That's be best rant I've heard in quite a while. Agree on all points. Bravo.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8637 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
As a P.S. to my bathroom rant, I jumped our in-house maintenance guy one day for using his hand and arm to tamp down paper towels in the trash can. Once I educated him about used needles and improper disposal and how certain third world people that came into our facility and others in the dealer chain and how they disposed of used toilet paper he rethought his actions.

Hell, if the dealer/owner came in ordered me to "cram it down in the can" I'd have said "do it yourself". Brings to mind once in '71 at another dealership on the fringes of Detroit's Inner City we had a guy steal parts and run down the street. We reported it to the parts manager, he in turn reported it to the general manager. General manager came back and berated the other counterman and myself on why didn't we chase this guy. My response was "He went south on Livernois, if you want to get shot over car parts be my guest." End of conversation by me.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:

Elevator? They get in and mash the close button as soon as their foot is in the door. Hold a door open, nope, their answer is fuck you, I’m all that matters!.

My number one pet peeve is when I am exiting an elevator and people are rushing to get on as I am trying to get off, leading to the inevitable "oh crap" awkward exchange of glances. Like they are the only people in the world and there would never be any chance that someone is on the elevator trying to exit.

The other day as the elevator doors opened I noticed this woman with her phone in her face start walking on without even lifting her head up. I stood there at the elevator doors and allowed her to walk right into me. No sorry or anything, she just gave me a "wtf are you looking at" expression and walked on by. I just shook my head.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
Awesome thread and many good points. Tired of the "me, me, me" behavior everywhere.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of qcsmitty
posted Hide Post
Amen.

Damn, I had to scroll up to make sure that this wasn’t my thread.

Posts: 3778 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post