SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Narcissism, your phone, your driving, your bafroom etiquette
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Narcissism, your phone, your driving, your bafroom etiquette Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted
Narcissism has run amuck my friends. It’s everywhere, rampant, and inescapable. The first thing I’d like to see is everyone cram their phones up their ass, and twist the mother fucker sideways. That way when your social media app updates it will already be up your butt hole. Narcissism has ruined going to the movies (blue screen for everyones!), dining at restaurants (annoying ring tones, talking too loud on phone due to background noise), and the gym is completely fucked. I mean completely. If they aren’t on a bench, machine, or station phone surfing they don’t re-rack, and if they do they cannot be bothered to put it back where it’s supposed to go. Cleaning your filthy sweat and juice off a bench, nope, that’s for peasants. They can’t be bothered. Driving anywhere is now a game of dodgeball. I crank up the radar and speed every time I’m on the highway now. No way am I sitting in a pack and getting hit while someone surfs while piloting a 5000 lb hunk of metal at 60 mph.

And bathrooms anywhere, oh my. Paper towels all over the floor, piss all over the floor. I’m turning into “shit break” from American Pie as I only want to drop a deuce at home it’s so filthy everywhere.

Elevator? They get in and mash the close button as soon as their foot is in the door. Hold a door open, nope, their answer is fuck you, I’m all that matters!

Do the herd care about anyone but themselves? Fuck! I wish I could punch discourteous people right in the mouth. I’d be getting treated regularly for both hands being broke I’d punch that hard. My rant for the day. Just tired of it. I used to enjoy driving, going to the movie theater, dining out once a week, and a few times a year, shopping for x, y or z. No more. Now I just want to stay home and avoid everything like the plague. Our society has gone to hell.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Awesome rant!

Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3839 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd be thrilled if I could find one point of your rant that I could honestly refute.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Add the damn grocery store into your rant.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Add the damn grocery store into your rant.

Oh yeah I could have. I stayed away from that on purpose (slow and inefficient people) as well as the bar or nightclub, and think about it....I didn’t even mention work, a lgs, the range (my range membership is a clusterF) I had to keep it a little light or sir it would be page 1 of a thread that would be epic. It’s invaded church too, and I cuss like a sailor it is what is. I’m respectful in there, even in the bafroom.

I ain’t talking any race or sexual preferences twinkle toes out there if you are reading this. It’s just a nasty breed of current human that is both....oh how can I be a bit kind and not swear anymore.....this breed is a little (alot) intellectually challenged and completely narcissistic.
Some age groups the percentage is real high but it plagues every generation in this country. Social media apps and that phone is like heroin. In realistic terms it is. Both technologies release dopamine in the brain. I got to stop for today. Aliens just came on and I need to change that signature real quick.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I'm now 60 years old.

I recently went to a Tuesday afternoon showing of the Churchill movie, The Darkest Hour.

I figured the theatre would be practically empty, and it was. There were 12 people there besides me.

I'm sure I was the youngest person there.

So what happened?

An elderly couple, I'd say in their 70's, plopped down RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME.

OF COURSE they had to talk during the movie.

Then, towards the end, the man's cell phone RANG! And OF COURSE he answered it and then tried to carry on a CONVERSATION.

A good swift kick to his seat back just seemed to shock him that I would object to this horse puckey.

It's not just the young kids, although you'd think people of an advanced mature age would be courteous, but you'd be wrong.

Anyway, old bastard, in a practically empty theatre, why do you sit right in front of me, why did you converse with your woman, and why did you not only answer your cell phone, but also attempt to carry on a conversation?

Later I thought that I should've held out my hand to him and demand he reimburse me for my ticket. I'll remember that next time it happens.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
And bathrooms anywhere, oh my. Paper towels all over the floor, piss all over the floor. I’m turning into “shit break” from American Pie as I only want to drop a deuce at home it’s so filthy everywhere.

Oh yeah. one of my rants was when I worked in a upper level domestic car dealership. Disgusting could not describe the condition of the public restroom there. Literally urine and feces on the floor, the walls, nasal secretions on the mirror. What use was a trash can when the floor was so much more convenient to throw their trash upon.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Literally urine and feces on the floor, the walls, nasal secretions on the mirror.

And that was the men's.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
Literally urine and feces on the floor, the walls, nasal secretions on the mirror.

And that was the men's.

Try working in public area of a hospital in MS every day.

The Narcissism Epidemic

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

And that was the men's.

You NEVER want to go into a public restroom in a Federal Court Building when Immigration Court is being held that day; welcome to the Third (Turd) World. Mad

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You just listed most of the reasons I moved from a city of half a million to a town of about thirty thousand. Life is much better now.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
^^^ This! ^^^

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
You are not in central Florida are you because it sure sounds like it. Wink

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2553 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:
quote:

And that was the men's.

The Narcissism Epidemic

in public, a Women's Restroom is always the nastiest ,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
When I am crowned (ordained? proclaimed?) emperor, I shall decree that all public access territory, including but not limited to highways, streets, roads, avenues, boulevards, sidewalks, stores that are open to the public, entertainment venues, restaurants, etc. -- EVERY PLACE that has public access -- are to be cell phone no-service zones.

Any property owner will be able to define a cell phone area within his / her property, but if there is public access to this area, the area must be designated for cell phone use only, so that it's use for that purpose will not annoy, aggravate, or even slightly bother any non-cell phone users. The area must be enclosed by sound and visual barriers sufficient to protect non-cell phone users from the sight or sound of cell phone users .

Emergency (911) calls will work even where other cell service is disabled; however, abuse or mis-use of 911 service shall carry a severe penalty, up to and including forfeiture of all cell phone service for a minimum of six months and a maximum to be determined by a pissed-off judge. Or a night in the box.

Any attempted use of a cell phone for texting, conversation, or any other purpose will be penalized by forfeiture of all cell phone service for a minimum of six months and a maximum to be determined by a pissed-off judge. Or a night in the box. GPS guidance by a cell phone for travel directions shall be allowed, providing that all user input to set up the route is done while the vehicle is parked in a safe location.
I agree with Mr. (assumption on my part, I suppose it could be Ms.) Prefontaine, that our society is becoming increasingly narcissistic, self-centered, and inconsiderate. This tendency is independent of the cell phone, but the ubiquity of that devil's device brings out the worst in people, and amplifies it ten-fold. The phone itself is not to blame, it is a tool that can be useful, but is all to easily misused (kind of like a gun in that respect, isn't it?).

If high-capacity cell phones were outlawed, we would still be surrounded by inconsiderate nincompoops, but they would have lost one of the major tools of their trade.

Maybe we should start an "Enough With The Cell Phones" thread.

I am not anti-phone. Ironically, I am hearing impaired and I carry an iPhone. Very difficult to use it for conversation, but I run my business and most interactions with friends and acquaintances, via text and email, so I have these facilities in my pocket. Not to be used while driving!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In a car, unless it is the President of the USA or you are being contacted that they found a match kidney, heart or lung for you, there is NO NEED to look at your phone.

You are not that fucking important that whomever called or texted cant wait until you stop driving. Period.

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:
quote:

And that was the men's.

The Narcissism Epidemic

in public, a Women's Restroom is always the nastiest ,

GF walked into womens rest room in downtown Tucson Library and quickly walked out after seeing a women washing her pubic area at a sink.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
GF walked into womens rest room in downtown Tucson Library and quickly walked out after seeing a women washing her pubic area at a sink.
Was it in the pubic library? (spell check, where are you when we need you?)

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
Was it in the pubic library? (spell check, where are you when we need you?)

Dam spel chck...

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do not think it has to do with Narcissism. That trait has been around forever. It has to do with being a polite society, and being considerate of others. Lack of effective parenting and a loss of discipline in the schools are major contributing factors. JMHO

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post