SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    When traffic lights lose power you are required to stop
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When traffic lights lose power you are required to stop Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by remsig:
How do people get a driver's license

Many years ago when I moved to Washington State I had to take my drivers test again.

On the way to the DMV my friend passed the exit. He pulled over to the shoulder and backed up to take the exit Big Grin

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
The public assumes that other drivers even look at traffic signals, signs, pedestrians or other vehicles sharing the road with them. But ask them what their texts say...

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here....if all lights are out = four way stop.
flashing red = stop sign and flashing yellow = proceed slowly with caution (because the morons out there don't have a brain and barely know how to drive in normal circumstances)

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phelen_Kell:
We had power out for awhile and the T-intersection by my house had no power to the traffic signal and people just kept blowing through it.

The city put up temporary stop signs at all three sides and people ignored them too.

Of topic, but good to see you post Mr. Kell Cool

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Want to really confuse people....flashing yellow traffic light. Come on people, we have a divided 4 lane at the intersection of an office building entrance. Sigh. It’s not a 4 way stop.

Posts: 202 | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dan03833
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
Here, they don't even slow down for Stop signs. It's like they're invisible.

There's a stop sign at the intersection in front of my sisters house that is ignored. When my nephew was young, she videoed drivers constantly blowing g through it. Cops told her there was nothing they could do because they didn't witness it themselves.

Posts: 1538 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: February 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post