SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Being woke up!!!!!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Being woke up!!!!!! Login/Join 
Picture of am94pm
posted
And not being able to get back to sleep. I decided to go to bed early tonight only to be woke up 45 mins later by my wife telling me someone just hit the light pole out in front of our house. I go outside an sure as shit some tattered the light pole got up in my yard and thankfully missed anything of mine. So now an hour later I am still wide awake.

Seems a young lady had just had a change of medication and also possibly a problem siezures was driving. I believe she is ok, which is most important.

I am waiting for power and light to come out and clean up then I will do my inspection to make sure all the debris is cleared from my drive way and street area.

Posts: 809 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sabonim
Picture of Wayniac
posted Hide Post
At my house...

Me- Zzzzzzz...

Her- wayne... Wayne... WAYNE!!!!

Me- Snarf! huh?-what?

Her- Are you sleeping?

Me- Not anymore. What do you want?

Her- Just checking if you're sleeping.

Me- Roll Eyes

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But, shout it at them in German because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Posts: 1159 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dresden
posted Hide Post
I'd have to say that the light pole event is worth getting up for. . .

"Honey did you hear that?"

Huh, what?

"That!"

What?

"Oh never mind, I don't hear it anymore."

NRA Life Endowment Member
American Legion Life Member
Its only a hill, if you think its a hill. . .

Posts: 1604 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of am94pm
posted Hide Post
Oh yes I get the "Did you hear that?" also.

I will post some pictures soon. There are parts of car parts all over my yard.

Posts: 809 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always get woke up by the wife for snoring.... wake up, wake up.... She now has my dog trained... last night I heard giggling... the chow was standing over me trying to wake me up, must have been worried about me!

Posts: 1456 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
I get that too. Grandson says "gwampa, you OK".

But just as bad is when my wife runs a herd of buffalo into the bedroom. She likes to wake me up. I think she enjoys me being grumpy and hateful. If she doesn't, she knows how to avoid it.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 15467 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
My wife wakes me up to tell me she can't sleep.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 1533 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aguilar64
posted Hide Post
My wife's pokes me to see if I'm sleeping, then I'm awake until after she falls asleep. Mad

“When the law disarms good guys, bad guys rejoice.”
― Ted Nugent

Posts: 1549 | Location: North East | Registered: November 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
And it isn't always bad. 'Bout 10 years ago I was sound asleep when I heard the skidding tires, a crash then another crash. The young lady of the evening was wasted and trying to drive an unfamiliar car home. Guess she fell asleep (passed out), crossed the centerline and nailed my neighbors Cherokee. When she hit the impact was so great she pushed it sideways into the curb. That broke his axle off the car but still bolted to the wheel.

It then snapped her tie rod and the great white whale she was driving went "left full rudder" toward my house. Crashed into my chain link fence then continued moving into my hedges. Fencing tends to be unforgiving and it pulls along more fencing and each successive fence post. Of course I grabbed a flashlight (Surefire M6) and ran downstairs, shut down the alarm and went outside. There was the Suburban she'd "borrowed" sitting nearly on my front porch.

She was getting out by opening her window and falling on the front yard. Medium height, thin and blond. Then she fell again. Went out to the street and started to run up hill. I was giving the dispatcher at 911 a play by play. But so was my neighbor who was standing out on his 2nd story front deck. Then he shoo'd his girlfriend back inside.

New lesson in wrecks. Always look at the others who run outside. The reason he told her to get back inside was she was only wearing her underpants. He should have been more considerate and kept her out there for my viewing pleasure.

Anyway, I live on a corner. She took the side street to the left. Which we duly reported to the dispatcher lady. We already had 6,000# of white whale, but she needed to get caught, too. So up the road comes the first cruiser. Right on passed and around the next bend in the road. Lights, no siren. He was back in a couple of minutes, caught her still running. Guess she was winded and didn't run from him. The old rule applies, if the cop's got to chase you, he's bringing an ass kicking with him.

She didn't have to pay anything. It wasn't her car, they couldn't arrest her for drunk driving because she wasn't with the car. Lucky for me those old battleships are made of metal and the wrecker driver towed it away. And then my neighbors totaled Cherokee, too. The Suburban owner's insurance was mean and nasty. The least they could do is allow me to impound the car (it was a big block chevy automatic, I'd think a turbo 400).

Drunks and wrong doer's get off easy. The cop was pretty nice, but told me she gave an important lesson. If no one is there to see you driving, take off running. Once you're out of sight, you pretty much skipped the DUI. And always do it with a borrowed car. Then the John gets to foot the bill (I guess his second screwing of the night.)

The neighbor then dumped his girlfriend. I gave him a raft of crap about making her go inside. He said he needed one better looking to display her stuff outside. He was right. She was pretty enough, but needed surgical enhancement.

Yes, I like living where drunks crash. Makes for late night entertainment. And I learned how to fix chain link. I already knew how to weave/splice in good sections. The posts were the problem. I replaced my end post she took out with a printing plant axle. It made of 3" steel, solid, and its what they lift multi ton rolls of paper through the center. A buddy supplied a couple of boat propeller shafts for the smaller diameter posts in line. Then I ran 2 pieces of steel cable, one through the top rail and another along the bottom of the fence.

Some liberal type told me I was wrong and that it might kill the next person. I just said fuck 'em, stay out of my yard.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 15467 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xwesler
posted Hide Post
When I was in my last relationship, *I* was the one causing the headache...

I barely remember now but I used to have these horrific nightmares. Bad enough that a couple nights awake I would wake up my ex, who then woke me up to make sure I was alright.

She said at one point I sounded her father did when he had his first heart attack.

Posts: 1068 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
god forbid i getup to take a leak and the bed hog takes over lol
upload image online

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 442 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One night I was having a vidid dream - not a nightmare - and must have been in a fairly light stage of sleep. Then the doorbell rang. Clear as day. Or did it? Eyes wide open and the clock says 3:00am. Why would somebody ring my doorbell at 3am? No good reason to, must be trouble. Or did they? The house was quiet, but I'm listening for anything now, on edge.

It was freaky. The hairs on my neck were on end. It was really unnerving to not know if it was real or a dream. After I cleared the house and checked outside discreetly to find nothing amiss, I went back to bed, but not sleep.

No matter how responsible he seems, never give your gun to a monkey.

Posts: 437 | Location: STL MO | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devil's Advocate
Picture of Holger Danske
posted Hide Post
Rburg's post reminds me of one night when I lived on Magazine St, New Orleans Uptown. For those that don't know, portions of Magazine are residential with bars, music bars, restaurants, shops, etc., interspersed. For JFK conspiracy folks, the house Lee Harvey Oswald stayed in was a block down the street, and an old Cuban lived in the apartment next to mine (1850s house).

The night in question, I woke up to what sounded like an explosion. I ran outside and saw my car sideways in the street, another car in the yard, and yet a third car in the street. Turns out two drunk Tulane frat boys had come tearing down the street. They hit a car a little way down from mine, then swerved out and came back in to hit my car so hard that it drove the car parked in front of me over the curb, through the yard, and into a cast-iron fence, coming to a stop about four feet from the corner pier of the house next door. If you know NOLA streets, especially along Magazine, you know that getting that kind of speed is impressive.

One of the idiots was wandering around without a shirt, bloody. He looked at me in my shorts and no shirt and said, "Dude! You pulled out in front of me." His buddy took off.

What a mess. I don't know what pull his buddy's dad had, but an NOPD officer went over to the Tulane campus and brought him back to the scene. He eventually walked away (staggered) without being cuffed and stuffed. Now, I've seen enough wrecks, fights, and general foolishness along Magazine and elsewhere in NOLA to know that that was bullshit. But Daddy knew someone.

My mid-90s Saturn was accordianed, but I was impressed that I was able to get all four doors open to retrieve books, gear, etc. before it got hauled off.

Over the years, I saw a lot wrecks along Magazine (in the spirit of if you can't beat 'em, join 'em, I worked the door at the music club across the street). One girl managed to flip her car -- literally, the car lay on its roof, slowly spinning in the middle of Magazine. I still can't figure out how she managed that. And yet again, Daddy showed up, so she didn't go to jail. I've seen people beat to the ground for less, but that's New Orleans for you.

________
Homo sum: humani nil a me alienum puto

Posts: 940 | Location: Baton Rouge | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, I had a thing very similar happen at my house.
I am dead asleep and hear a super loud thud/crash.
My wife never stirs. I get up and look out my bedroom window and there is a car smashed into a tree in my yard about 20 ft from my window. Would have crashed into my house had the tree not been there. A guy gets out of the car and staggers off down the road. A girl gets out of the passenger side. Guy is drunk. I call Hwy Pat.
I go out and its like 2:30am and talk to patrolman. He says woman nodded off and skidded off road.
I tell him woman was not driving as I reported on phone with 911 op. He says no there is no guy here. I said he went down the road that way staggering. He says oh well. Nobody injured. I say who is gonna pay for my tree.
Answer nobody, tree died nobody cared except me.
Fast fwd a couple years. 3 am doorbell rings. I get gun and go to window near front door. Open window and ask what do you want. Guy says I wanna come in and use your phone. He is plastered. He has a filthy white t shirt and dirty jeans on. I say who do you want to call, I will call them for you and tell them you are broke down. He said NO OPEN YOUR F>>>KIN door.
I show pistol and tell him he has 5 seconds to disappear. I call Highway patrol, when he comes back and beats on my door. he goes to back of cruiser with cuffs. I probably saved his life.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member
BFA Member

Posts: 1014 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
We're getting some good stories now. Keep them coming.

And a reality of life. You only have 2 hands, but you need 3. The necessities of life, or you continuing life are, in order, a handgun, a flashlight, and a phone. I'm right handed and mostly shoot with that hand. The magnum goes in my right hand. I kind of prefer to see what I'm shooting, so the flashlight goes in the left. I wear boxers. I will trade the flashlight for the phone. Either can be held in place by good elastic. I'm not putting down the gun, the only variable is if the hammer is cocked or not.

The poster above showed his pistol. I've always thought it was bad to do that, but once the other person is making threats and starts to move toward you, all the other rules are off.

I hate knocks on my door. I do hate the late night ones even worse. I even hate late phone calls. I define late as after 11:00. Anything after 9:00 is too late, but after 11:00 is way out of line. Except emergencies. So I sit here trying to imagine a good knock at my door after 11:00. I can't.

Unhappy ammo seeker

posted Hide Post
Late night phone calls are never good . Especially if I'm on call ! The worst one was when my son called to say that his wife's brother had been killed in a vehicle accident . That boy was like family to us too .

Posts: 1244 | Location: The deep South | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wayniac:
At my house...

Me- Zzzzzzz...

Her- wayne... Wayne... WAYNE!!!!

Me- Snarf! huh?-what?

Her- Are you sleeping?

Me- Not anymore. What do you want?

Her- Just checking if you're sleeping.

Me- Roll Eyes

I can relate. My ex took to pulling that one a couple of nights a week when I was working insane shifts/hours. But...I cured her in one night. Permanently. I layed awake for a few minutes, then started putting "The Moves" on her.

Sleep uninterrupted for quite a spell after that.

Posts: 70 | Location: Outinthesticks | Registered: October 08, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post