SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Careless and Disrespectful Display of the Flag**UPDATE**
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Careless and Disrespectful Display of the Flag**UPDATE** Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
they were embarrassed by my letter,

Butt hurt means you hit the nail on the head. He'll take the time to send a rebuttal but won't actually do anything about it. Small minded turd.

Send in you point / counter point before he does.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 11122 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
They could have avoided the embarrassment by acknowledging your letter, sympathizing with your feelings, and telling you what their plan was.

They chose poorly.

Posts: 3897 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Just got a call from the Town Road Commissioner.

Apology for not getting back to me, excuse, excuse, excuse, it's all a volunteer effort, excuse, excuse, I'm only one guy and I'm recovering from a broken leg and climbing ladders is difficult, excuse, excuse, if you see a flag that needs attention, don't bitch about it, get a ladder and fix it.

I listened politely and said "I don't expect you to do it all, and I'm certainly not going to do it all myself, but if we can arrange a couple of volunteers and a list of locations, I'd be happy to load a ladder in my truck once a week or whatever and spend a morning maintaining the display."

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 10751 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post