SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Who does OnTrac delivery hire...idiots?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who does OnTrac delivery hire...idiots? Login/Join 
Picture of az4783054
posted
We placed a costly Home Depot order this week. They broke the order into three separate deliveries by a service called OnTrac. I never heard of them.

USPO delivers to the central mail boxes at the community center, while FedEx and UPS deliver to the home address.

Get an email from Home Depot that the first package was delivered today by OnTrc at the "common receiving point". WTH does that mean? It wasn't at the front door, not at the side door, not at the garage door. We called Home Depot and OnTrac. No help. We couldn't make heads or tails from the company website as to where the package was physically left.

The community center didn't have the package either. As I'm pulling into the driveway something catches my eye. It's one end of the cardboard package laying in the weeds next to the roadway about 100ft from the house. The lazy ass driver just left it for anyone else driving by to scoop up. Complaint to follow...

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In a word....YES!

Posts: 270 | Location: NorCal | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
OnTrac is the worst. Funny thing is they get paid more than FedEx Ground drivers--mostly due to having to drive their own vehicles.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
Same with me!! Home Depot uses OnTrac. We live on a flag lot. They left package at entrance to driveway, about 150' feet from house! Anybody could have picked up package and made off with it. Absolutely NO common sense with the people this company hires.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1376 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
generally around here, all the carriers are pretty good. but once in awhile will be a miss. like this week, ups left a pkg on the driveway street side, not near the house as usual. ups is a little odd, they usually deliver to our house between 20:00 and 21:00. i feel bad for them.

i think it depends on level of experience. although there should be guidelines, right?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like Amazon delivery. They send a text saying it was delivered with a photo of the package on my front porch. If it ain't my porch, I know it quick!

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Amazon delivery has never sent me any sort of notification of delivery. Is that some sort of setting or preference in an Amazon account?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Amazon delivery has never sent me any sort of notification of delivery. Is that some sort of setting or preference in an Amazon account?

Just sit at your front door waiting for the driver. That's instant notification there. Big Grin

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't know, I've always gotten them. Shipped, on time (or delayed), will be delivered today, and delivered.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
We just received the second package of the three part order, again delivered by ontrac. This time the idiot driver left the package on the curb next to the roadway. Not even hidden in the weeds this time.

I tried calling customer service but got put on hold forever "due to the high volume of calls". I sent a second complaint message with more colorful language about their shitty delivery service. Home Depot was notified of the issue and they changed the final package to UPS for delivery.

Lazy asses with no common sense.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I just received a message from OnTrac customer service that said they would address the issue with the manager and driver to insure it doesn't occur again. It doesn't matter as we won't order anything in the future from any vendor that uses that delivery service.

posted Hide Post
Ontrac is the worst. They used to be great but they expanded their service area and captured a ton of Amazon business but forgot to ramp up their customer service department and delivery team to match their ambition. I had a very low 4 digit account number and was a long time customer at work but had to fire them a couple years ago because they just weren't meeting their obligations. They didn't care when I fired them, zero effort to keep my business. I know I was a drop in the bucket compared to Amazon but they didn't even try.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Now FedEx is doing the same thing. To lazy to bring a CHEWY package down the driveway so they leave it at the curb for anyone to swipe. At least their oil leaking truck didn't have another shot at the pavers.

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I know... I mean, with all the valedictorians, Ivy League graduates, and MENSA members eager to sign on to be delivery drivers these days, you'd figure places like OnTrac would just hire folks who make smarter decisions.

Same with fast food. It takes a triple digit IQ to even get your foot in the door for a job at one of those places, so I dunno why their service constantly sucks.

Wink

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
TSA rejects gotta work somewhere...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15227 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Same with fast food. It takes a triple digit IQ to even get your foot in the door for a job at one of those places, so I dunno why their service constantly sucks.

^^^^^^
Triple digit IQ of 100 is not exactly stellar. That is AVERAGE IQ. Except for teens, the IQ is more about room temperature.

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post