SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Stop smoking pot while driving your car! It stinks.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stop smoking pot while driving your car! It stinks. Login/Join 
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted
Ever since they legalized medical marijuana in Florida I have noticed more and more of the smell while driving on the roads.
The weather in Florida has been nice lately and I like to drive with my windows open.
You will be driving then all of a sudden the stink hits you in the face. It actually makes me sick to my stomach.

Yesterday while talking to a neighbor in my driveway a car drove by and you guessed it the pot smell trailed behind it. Again it stinks and bad.

People smoking pot need to off the roads, it is dangerous enough around here we don't need people high driving around.

If people are going to do this, do it inside your own home, stink up your own house.

Has anybody else noticed this or is it just me?

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2553 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Legalized pot = permission to drive DUI.

And every goddammed pothead claim they drive "better" while stoned just like a fucking drunk does.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, I have noticed it and dislike the smell of it too!

I don't see it getting any better going forward. Frown
Did I mention, I hate the smell of it?

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
I could care less if they want to and/or do legalize pot, but until there is a reliable / admissible in court test to confirm DUI / intoxication, I'm completely against it.

We need a Bake-alyzer, kinda like a Breathalyzer, but for 'stoners' that want to smoke dope in public....You know, so we can 'follow the science'! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8785 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
I could care less if they want to and/or do legalize pot, but until there is a reliable / admissible in court test to confirm DUI / intoxication, I'm completely against it.

We need a Bake-alyzer, kinda like a Breathalyzer, but for 'stoners' that want to smoke dope in public....You know, so we can follow the science. Wink

Not to far from where I live there is a memorial to four people killed in a car accident.
From what I was told the driver was high on pot and turned in front of an on coming car. Everyone in the car except the driver was killed.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2553 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I was sitting at the stoplight the other day. Had my window open. Truck next to me had a couple sharing a doobie. While the smell doesn’t bother me, it was pouring directly into my truck. Not cool at all. I rolled up my window. Pulled away and rolled down my window. Next red light, pull up and guess who is next to me...
Rolled up the window. Guy throws his hands up and says “what, what?” a little aggressively.
(I have a Whelan PAP112 horn and PA in my truck, it sounds rather cop-like).

I tapped the horn to make a slight “whomp” sound, grabbed the microphone and said “you never know who is sitting next to you in traffic, and no one wants to smell that”.

He jammed the doobie into the ashtray and the window went up immediately, with him just staring straight ahead. I think he was under the impression I may have been law enforcement of some kind. I just grinned as I pulled away.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It’s like a Cheech and Chong movie, set in real life & not funny at all. Driving while impaired is just plain wrong, no way to justify it. THC is too strong in today’s weed.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
My wife is LCSW -- Licensed Clinical (Psychiatric) Social Worker.

Many of the people she has dealt with professionally, both in hospital settings and in private practice, have been substance abusers.

When legal medical marijuana loomed on the horizon here in Florida she was (and still is) very concerned about the likelihood of increased DUI.

My outlook on this: if it's for legitimate medical purposes, it should be used at home. No problem.

Driving under the influence, whether it's dope or booze, needs to have serious legal consequences, and the consequences should be mandatory, not up to a judge's discretion. Convicted offenders should be in a national database accessible by all courts. Invasion of privacy? Maybe. You don't like it, then don't drive impaired. Do whatever you want, at home, but don't go out on the road and endanger anybody else.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Come up to Michigan, recreational use is legal here.

Funny thing though. Seems like the strains cultivated leave their signature "aroma" behind much longer than the ditch weed of days past. Is it just me or anyone else notice that too?

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Has anybody else noticed this or is it just me?

It really doesn't matter if they're using it with a compassionate use card or not, it's still illegal do drive under the influence, alcohol or pot/prescribed meds abuse, and if caught they should be punished accordingly.

And thats not to say that there may be more drivers that use it and take it orally and you wouldn't be able to detect it by smell.

I'm also with V-Tail with this, if they use it under a physicians recommendation here in Florida and use it as needed at home I've no problem.

Additionally many of those drivers that you may detect the smell from their cars may be using it illegally also, with a compassionate use card or not. I'm ok with the use of it as recommended by a physician for legitimate uses medically as an alternative to opioids for pain management, I'm not leaning towards recreational use, but honestly, they're going to continue to use it legally or illegally if they wish.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m not giving my guns up for weed.

https://www.neurologyofcannabi...ws-medical-cannabis/

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
If driving while using or even under the influence of marijuana is illegal (as it is in Colorado), it would seem that odor strong enough to be smelled in other vehicles would be complete justification for a law enforcement stop and citation. Is that not illegal in Florida? If it is, does the state have anything like a REDDI (Report Every Drunk Driver Immediately) program?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

We need a Bake-alyzer, kinda like a Breathalyzer, but for 'stoners' that want to smoke dope in public....You know, so we can 'follow the science'! Wink

There is. It is called a DRE w/ a piss test for the presence of THC.

Posts: 4022 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
It's quite a strong aroma, but I don't loathe it as much as some. Impaired drivers are terrifying.

Posts: 1957 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 357fuzz:

If I were a cop I would stop hotties and say, "Young lady, I'm gonna have to watch you pee into this cup."

Not really, but I do have a weird sense of humor. It has been known to get me into trouble.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my days as an Enterprise Car Rental wrangler, it was not unusual for me to have to take a car out of service because it reeked of pot so bad that other people refused to rent it. Scrubbing the interior was not effective. The odor was in the carpet, headliner and seats.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Unfortunately, the DRE is NOT infallible/foolproof and the piss test for the 'presence on THC' only verifies you were under the influence within the last 28 days! There are no testing standards that currently exist to determine the level of intoxication that are equivalent to BAC for drinking alcohol, and therefore no statutes that can define whether you're 'to stoned to drive' Right Now! I know it when I see it, just isn't good enough with a defense attorney in a Court of Law.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8785 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Unfortunately, the DRE is NOT infallible/foolproof and the piss test for the 'presence on THC' only verifies you were under the influence within the last 28 days! There are no testing standards that currently exist to determine the level of intoxication that are equivalent to BAC for drinking alcohol, and therefore no statutes that can define whether you're 'to stoned to drive' Right Now! I know it when I see it, just isn't good enough with a defense attorney in a Court of Law.

In Washington State its 5 ng THC per milliliter of whole blood. And if an officer says the person driving recently used marijuana that is sufficient for a search warrant for the driver's blood for the vast majority of judges in this state. WHich is why it's taking a year for the testing of a person's blood now. And it doesn't matter here if the driving was bad or not or if the driver was affected or not, over 5 ng = DUI.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Always carry a fresh bag of doughnuts & cold milk. No true stoner can resist munchies or drink.

Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
If driving while using or even under the influence of marijuana is illegal (as it is in Colorado), it would seem that odor strong enough to be smelled in other vehicles would be complete justification for a law enforcement stop and citation. Is that not illegal in Florida? If it is, does the state have anything like a REDDI (Report Every Drunk Driver Immediately) program?

I do not know and have never seen anything like REDDI in Florida. I know if you are on a road way that FHP (Florida Highway Patrol) covers you can dial *FHP on your cell phone to get directly in touch with the State Troopers. I would think that would be the fastest way to report a person that might be driving under the influence.

NRA Life Member