SIGforum
VORTEX, NO MORE!!!!! LOOKS LIKE WE GOT IT RESOLVED!!

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/3870077834

March 11, 2018, 09:34 PM
cuda2045
VORTEX, NO MORE!!!!! LOOKS LIKE WE GOT IT RESOLVED!!
The sad thing is with my Vortex crossfire I only use the scope for ammo testing and load development. In the last 5 years I have less than 450 22lr and 750 223/5.56 testing rounds with the scope on the 2 rifles.

I am not happy with this line of Vortex.
March 11, 2018, 09:55 PM
reflex/deflex 64
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
I’ve had great performance from my Leupold VX3i 1.5-5 on everything from my 375’s up to my 458 Lott. They run $399 before any sales or discounts.

Not the new 3i model but this is what I have on my 1895 Marlin. I upgraded to the illuminated reticle, which might be useful. Check into QR rings, couple minutes and the scope is gone and you're back hunting if you encounter another failure.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------
March 12, 2018, 05:52 PM
birddog1
quote:
Originally posted by sybo:
Replaced, refunded, repaired, don’t care, I’m going with a new scope. CALLING ALL 45-70 SHOOTERS! Suggestions? I don’t need much more than 1x4...

I have a Leupold VX3 on my 45-70. I had a Burris Fullfield E1 on it before that. Both are 2-7 scopes. In fact, I still have the Burris not being used. If you’re interested send me an email, in my profile, I will cut you a really good deal
March 13, 2018, 10:09 PM
bubbatime
My rifle with a crossfire on it fell over and bent the scope tube. They replaced it no problem. Maybe you should "drop" your rifle.

March 17, 2018, 04:23 AM
sybo
Still waiting to hear from Vortex. I will share when I hear something back from them...
March 18, 2018, 10:14 PM
sybo
Emailed requesting an update. Hope to hear soon. Thanks for the scope suggestions all!!! Will keep all posted.
March 19, 2018, 04:16 PM
sunburn
Vortex is in the middle of a relocation right now so a few things are not happening at their usual pace.

Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you suck forever.
March 19, 2018, 04:43 PM
RichardC
quote:

My rifle with a crossfire on it fell over and bent the scope tube. They replaced it no problem. Maybe you should "drop" your rifle.

https://cons.wonderhowto.com/h...ru-mcdonalds-367407/

The con is basically this: Go through the McDonalds drive-thru and do NOT order. Go up to the first drive-thru window and tell the cashier that you didn't order, that you changed your mind and are just trying to make your way through the line. For the most part, they'll fall for it. What are they going to do, 'make' you order something?

Okay, so you made it past the first window. Now you must wait for the person behind you to order. When you make it to the second window, hopefully the meals for the person behind you will be ready. Then you just act like that person, grab the food and go before someone jots down your license plate. Best during busy times, so as not to get caught because of the already confused employees. They'll never know what hit 'em!

https://youtu.be/27NX_MMIkLY?t=12

March 19, 2018, 10:03 PM
sigcrazy7
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:

https://cons.wonderhowto.com/h...ru-mcdonalds-367407/

The con is basically this: Go through the McDonalds drive-thru and do NOT order. Go up to the first drive-thru window and tell the cashier that you didn't order, that you changed your mind and are just trying to make your way through the line. For the most part, they'll fall for it. What are they going to do, 'make' you order something?

Okay, so you made it past the first window. Now you must wait for the person behind you to order. When you make it to the second window, hopefully the meals for the person behind you will be ready. Then you just act like that person, grab the food and go before someone jots down your license plate. Best during busy times, so as not to get caught because of the already confused employees. They'll never know what hit 'em!

https://youtu.be/27NX_MMIkLY?t=12

But then you end up with a bag full of McDonalds, so the joke’s still on you. Razz

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus
March 20, 2018, 04:08 AM
sybo
Got a reply late yesterday, Thay are preparing a check for me as we speak. As soon as I receive it that’s it. I’m officially shopping for another!! This time returning was much less aggravating than the original time. I’ll just leave it at that.

By the way, it’s just not me to lie and falsify a story about “dropping” my rifle........... Smile
March 23, 2018, 09:19 PM
andronicus
Sh*t. I have been about to buy the Vortex Sparc AR for my Stag 9mm AR. Maybe I won't.
March 25, 2018, 06:06 AM
sybo
I think I’m going with Leupold. Still waiting for my check..
March 25, 2018, 11:55 AM
Elk Hunter
Object lesson from my step dad, many years ago. Always buy a good scope! Have not bought any in quite a while, but I have never heard of Vortex scopes. Have to do some innerweb searching I guess.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter