SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Pioneer woman I want whatever drugs she is on
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pioneer woman I want whatever drugs she is on Login/Join 
Banned
posted
One of the disadvantages of being retired AND having the idiot box on is that the Food channel with Ree Drummond invades my life for a couple hours each day. She is insipid, she loves evrything, everything and everyone. She lives on a cattle ranch in OK. does blogging and cook books and is trying to save the nearest town almost single handedly. So what is the problem, she is insipid full of throw away phrases and wears bizarre tops to go with her ORANGE hair. Really orange hair. Everything is perfect and wonderful. I have to drink diet drinks when she is on so that I don’t spike the blood sugar. It’s not only her, Valerie Bertonelli and Trisha yearwood, they all have insipid cooking shows and are all slowly getting as big as Paul Proudhon or The barefoot Contessa, another who helps us from her home in the Hamptons. Replace them all with Three stooges videos I say. Need to go make some perfect cartridges I love all of the calibers. sigh

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think she's kind of pretty.

But that ranch she lives on, my oh my. I'd love to live there.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
They make these things now called "remotes." They work with your television to change the channel. Check it out. Razz

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6705 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey man, that's just Oklahoma for you and Three Dog Night had it right.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Drummonds are one of the nations largest landowners. Their ranch is ridiculously large.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimg1960
posted Hide Post
they are nobodies until they can cook like justin Wilson “ I gaur Ron tee “

Posts: 301 | Location: Tennessee  | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Truth be told. The 'Drummond Ranch' is actually federal land. They have been caretakers of the land for many generations however.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
When I think of "pioneer women" cooking...I think of the real thing Smile...I'll bet the end result was better Big Grin

https://truewestmagazine.com/ranges-on-the-range/

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Rachel Ray has gotten big and moved on. I don't see Guida much. There's really no one charismatic at the food channel to draw general audiences in. My wife likes pioneer woman and barefoot contessa.

They need a breakout star.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
you need to check out Nigela Lawson

or as I call her
Miss Mellow

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
I have tried several of Pioneer Woman's recipes. I have watched some of her shows, but the camera work (directed by her, I understand) is not to my liking. Try her Perfectly Baked Beans. I bring these to cookouts. I start with Bushes Vegetarian and add leftover smoked rib meat. Watch out for the chipotle.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:

or as I call her
Miss Mellow

She's 58? Worth 15-20 mil? Single? Has those knockers? Gotta watch her!!

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The Pioneer Woman is crying all the way to the bank over your opinion of her, I'm sure.

Type just about any recipe idea into Google and SHE comes up as the first or second hit, almost every time it seems.

My wife is a fan, but you have to remember that this is all scripted and just off camera, she's got an army of assistants and other people.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
My wife has tried a bunch of her recipes, and I have to say they are pretty good.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Truth be told. The 'Drummond Ranch' is actually federal land. They have been caretakers of the land for many generations however.

From what I understand, the Drummonds' family company owns the land and the Feds rent from them.

I kind of like her--insane cheer and all. Her Chex mix recipe is great and hands down better than the recipe that Chex provides. Her perfect pot roast is now my go-to pot roast recipe.

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife loves her show (Pioneer Woman Cooks). A few years ago when she was promoting one of her cookbooks, we went to the book signing, which was normally held in a local book store. In this case, the demand was so great that it filled a large theater to capacity with standing room only, with no parking left, and long waits after for signed books. Instead of a few minutes of talking then signing, she spent about an hour and a half talking then answering questions. Her husband and kids were there meeting everyone, shaking hands, and gave the audience as much time and attention as desired, before, during, and after, until everyone left, and for those who didn't have time to wait for a signature, took names and mailed books that were signed and personalized.

There was nothing pretentious about them; and their demeanor in person was the same as on the show. Nice folks.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
The first episode of her show that I watched, her husband was grilling prime rib, and it looked superb! While it was cooking, he and his guests shot clay pigeons with shotguns. How cool is that! Admittedly, it hasn't been that good since.

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
My wife and Myself has tried several of her Recipe's and we find them pretty bland

Posts: 1596 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cne32507:
quote:

or as I call her
Miss Mellow

She's 58? Worth 15-20 mil? Single? Has those knockers? Gotta watch her!!

She does make a nice "rack" doesn't she.

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 1116 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMPinNYC
posted Hide Post
quote:

or as I call her
Miss Mellow

Yummo. Her cookies, err, cooking, I mean.

Best regards,
Nick.

NRA Life Member and Certified Instructor

Posts: 710 | Location: Back in northern NJ/NY State Catskills | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post