SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Do NOT order food for other people off of your phone.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do NOT order food for other people off of your phone. Login/Join 
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted
Hey asshole.

Are you going to go to an establishment with a large order?

Put that order together before you're in line.

NOT while you're in line, and certainly not while you're the one being served.

You and everyone texting or god forbid on the phone with you, is an entitled cunt.

Having a large order is not the problem. It's making the rest of us wait while you figure it out, choose, or wait for others in your water-headed group to choose.

Some places have signs, or staff who have spines. Other places I have to speak up for the civilized.

Fucking animals.

For some reason nobody sided with the guy I told to get to the back of the line till he figured shit out. I was polite.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The same people seem to be ahead of me at the bank drive through. That situation is somewhat more difficult unless you exit your vehicle and have a conversation with them. There are many inconsiderate people in the world who were not taught proper social skills.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dlc444
posted Hide Post
Speaking of banks.

Its not only the drive through, its at the ATMs now that they accept deposits. Yeah, put your stack of bills in, let the machine count them, give back the rejects, sift those in with the next stack of bills, take back more rejects, try one more time with the stack. Then try the stack of checks that the machine takes 30 seconds per to decipher the amount.

Then refi your home loan and up your credit card limit

-.---.----.. -.---.----.. -.---.----..
It seems to me that any law that is not enforced and can't be enforced weakens all other laws.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ride the city bus much?

I do and I see people enter the bus, fish around in pockets or purse for (exact) change, drop change on floor, pick up change then drop bus discount pass, pick up pass and swipe pass wrong way then right way, then ask bus driver a stupid question, then slowly take a seat.

But wait - they then walk back to front to ask for a transfer. Driver stops the bus to enter transfer on bus pass.

Meanwhile, I mutter to myself.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Patience is a virtue, eh?

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
^^^^So is being considerate of those around you. If you can't respect around you, you don't deserve patience.

I get you were sarcastic, and you get it. But the level of entitlement these days is so far off the charts, you need to call it out.

Posts: 1632 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I do and I see people enter the bus, fish around in pockets or purse for (exact) change, drop change on floor, pick up change then drop bus discount pass, pick up pass and swipe pass wrong way then right way, then ask bus driver a stupid question, then slowly take a seat.

But wait - they then walk back to front to ask for a transfer. Driver stops the bus to enter transfer on bus pass.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
When I was a kid growing up in Chicago, that stuff did not fly. There was a large sign that said Exact Change only. It was enforced first verbally and then physically by the guy behind you. Kind of the same thing that happened when you attempted to exit a row with the hockey puck in play.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dlc444:
Speaking of banks.

Its not only the drive through, its at the ATMs now that they accept deposits. Yeah, put your stack of bills in, let the machine count them, give back the rejects, sift those in with the next stack of bills, take back more rejects, try one more time with the stack. Then try the stack of checks that the machine takes 30 seconds per to decipher the amount.

I once had a guy in front of me at the ATM that literally deposited like 200 checks and 100 bills in stacks of about 10, waited for the machine to take them, then hit the button deposited more......over and over. After about ten minutes I laid on the horn......he said something I couldn't hear. I then yelled at him "The ATM is for quick transactions, if you're depositing 200 checks go inside the damn bank instead of holding everyone up at the ATM for 20 minutes waiting on you.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I actually haven't been to an ATM since the bank started accepting mobile check deposits. In fact the only time I went was during the raffle. Those I could have done mobilly, but yes, even doing it at the ATM would have been an idiot move. If that was during the hours the bank was open, dude wasn't very bright.

Expecting any kind of speed from a visit to the bank though, atm or no, might be a real stretch. Like a visit to the post office or RMV, speed is not part of the experience.

Waiting in line for food though, that is where, if you have any kind of large order, fuck you if it's not written down and ready to go in any way. Sort that shit out then get in line. Your stupid large order is going to make everyone wait, we should not also have to wait for your inane friends to decide what they'll stuff in their cockholsters and then for your vapid ass to process it.

Similarly, if you're at the drive thru you should only be ordering for those in the vehicle. Anything larger, go the fuck inside.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Many fast food restaurants now accept email and text orders. When our office places an order, that's how we do it. Sure makes life easier. And I'm with you on banks. I went to mine last August 1st to deposit a check I got at the house closing. Other than that, I avoid them like the plague.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
And then, there are the math-challenged folks who can not count to ten. They tend to congregate in the express check-out lanes in the supermarket.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Totally agree.

For those of you who can take advantage of it the Chik-Fil-A app makes ordering SUPER EASY and efficient.

Dive up to the restaurant's designated space and a pleasant person rushes your order out to you. No waiting if you time it correctly.

Scenarios like Arcs keep me out of many fast(er) food places. I swear if it isn't stupidity (like having more than one choice...and you haven't figured out your order in the 5 to 10 minute wait in line) then it is the rudeness that Arcwelder described.

Self absorbed idiots. God help us.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Speaking of banks.

No shit!

I was stuck behind one of these utterly clueless fuck tards at my Credit Union drive through a couple weeks ago. Mad

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just a few weeks ago I was hungry, bordering on "hangry" and I went into a Chipotle. I was pleasantly surprised that there was no line, just one woman walking in ahead of me until they asked her what she wanted and out came the cell phone so she could ready 8 orders, all but one with some special off the menu request. She of course was oblivious to her being a pain in the ass until one of the staff, who noticed a line growing, politely suggested to phone it in next time. Only then did she look behind her to se more than one angry face glaring at her.

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was under the impression that 85% of the food places had apps or let you order online, so that all you had to do was drive up, OR ! they run it out to your vehicle,
expressly to expedite your request(s)

what the hell ?

and what about the wife who sends her husband to the grocery store for , four items.

and makes him call her to tell him how to get a shopping cart,
how to find the correct isle,
how to choose the correct package,
where to set the items in the cart
and how to find the cashiers

I want to carry a wiffle bat for those guys

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
and what about the wife who sends her husband to the grocery store for , four items.

and makes him call her to tell him how to get a shopping cart,
how to find the correct isle,
how to choose the correct package,
where to set the items in the cart
and how to find the cashiers

I want to carry a wiffle bat for those guys

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^That was funny!! I dont see that here. Must be an Iowa thing.

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
The last time I tried to pre-order, for pickup, with the app, both Subway and Chick-Fil-A required credit or debit card information in order to place the order.

Sorry, I just don't need that exposure to potential fraud.

Papa John's pizza, on the other hand, will accept the order and let you check a box indicating your preference to pay cash at the time of pickup. Much better!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
ARC - if you want a good laugh google "John Pinette McDonalds" and listen to the clip. It is part of his comedy bit that falls under the topic "get out of the line" Wasn't able to get the link to post correctly but it's easy to find.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:
Speaking of banks.

I once had a guy in front of me at the ATM that literally deposited like 200 checks and 100 bills in stacks of about 10, waited for the machine to take them, then hit the button deposited more......over and over. After about ten minutes I laid on the horn......he said something I couldn't hear. I then yelled at him "The ATM is for quick transactions, if you're depositing 200 checks go inside the damn bank instead of holding everyone up at the ATM for 20 minutes waiting on you.

At a local ATM on sunny AZ Saturday I had the joy of being behind, what appeared to be a stripper trying to deposit fist fulls of dollar bills in the ATM, very unsuccessfully I might add probably because most were booze and sweat soaked.

She tried and tried and finally gave up leaving me alone in the small ATM room which now smelled of cheap perfume, stay booze, sadness and failed modeling dreams

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARMT Guy:
quote:
Speaking of banks.

No shit!

I was stuck behind one of these utterly clueless fuck tards at my Credit Union drive through a couple weeks ago. Mad

Jumping on the bank drive through band wagon this happened to me today..
I was the second in line behind a 30ish woman who apparently gave the teller so much stuff to do I literally waited 10 minutes for her to finish. When the tube container dropped down the chute she reached in to pick it up and....dropped it on the ground!

She tried to open the door but couldn’t due to the dispenser being in the way.

She decided to drive forward a couple of feet to clear the dispenser and....ran over the container!

She got out looked at me as if to say WTF?
And drove off.

The teller had to find another container which also took an additional 5 minutes....

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post