SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    National Guard
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

National Guard Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
Why did they make all those guys tote rifles if they weren't allowed to have ammunition?

When it comes to the military and why they had to do some stupid shit, just remember one thing. It’s the military.

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
When it comes to the military and why they had to do some stupid shit, just remember one thing. It’s the military.

They should cover that at reception station!

Posts: 783 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve in PA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by REdwin89:
celticwolf wrote:
quote:
The Marine Gate Guards in Beirut, did not have ammunition in their rifles when the Truck bomb drove into the barracks where their friends and brothers were.

I served in several embassy posts (not marine guard) and back then Marine Guard could not fire his weapon unless OK'd by the Ambassador. Wonder if orders have changed.

When I was in Beirut, Feb-May 1983.....before the barracks bombing, we were not allowed to have a magazine in our weapons when we went on patrol into the city!!!!!

Yeah, that lasted until the first check point, then everyone lock & loaded, including the guys carrying the M60's. Then, at the last check point before returning to base, we would all unload.

I forget how long this lasted, but they finally allowed us to "officially" lock & load on patrol. Still had to be unloaded inside the wire.

Steve
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Posts: 3437 | Location: Northeast PA | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve in PA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
Why did they make all those guys tote rifles if they weren't allowed to have ammunition?

Dog & pony show for the sheep.

Steve
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Posts: 3437 | Location: Northeast PA | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
When 9/11 happened, they deployed the Guard to Airports and they brought their M16s. I have a friend who's a NG Captain and we had lunch one day and I told him I knew the magazines in his men's rifles weren't loaded because of my experiences while in the Army.

I flew into Baltimore a few weeks after 9/11. Guard was everywhere in the airport but not one of them even had magazines inserted and their magazine pouches were empty. They were basically just carrying around really expensive clubs.

Posts: 20083 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
When 9/11 happened, they deployed the Guard to Airports and they brought their M16s. I have a friend who's a NG Captain and we had lunch one day and I told him I knew the magazines in his men's rifles weren't loaded because of my experiences while in the Army.

I flew into Baltimore a few weeks after 9/11. Guard was everywhere in the airport but not one of them even had magazines inserted and their magazine pouches were empty. They were basically just carrying around really expensive clubs.

It's not called "Security Theater" for nothing!

Posts: 33776 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Shit. I've been on a FOB where Soldiers weren't allowed to have magazines in their M4/M16. Magazine had to be carried in a cargo pocket. Reason for this was due to the number of NDs. And this was an infantry battalion at that. The support personnel carried the M16s.

Posts: 13097 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
It's not called "Security Theater" for nothing!

Some day I'll have to tell the story of how Mrs. Flash had 2 K-Bars in her carry on and in spite of it being searched by TSA once and having it X-rayed twice, they were never found until I was unpacking her bag when we got home.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post