SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Following the Letter, and Ignoring the Spirit
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Following the Letter, and Ignoring the Spirit Login/Join 
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
quote:
Originally posted by cne32507:
I luv airsoft guy's posts. They always give me joy. Thank you.

Amen...but I do miss seeing his avatar though Frown

Well Postimage is a bastard and wont let me host my avatar there. At least they didn't, I haven't tried in a while.

quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
For some reason, managers go out of their way to make security jobs difficult. As a workaround, can you monitor the cameras and say you were actually patrolling those areas on your daily activity report? That way you only have to patrol areas not seen on camera?

I do not believe that would work, especially if I do say that I was patrolling, and something happens so they check the tape and find me standing there at the gate talking to a JB Hunt. Yesterday I had to abort two patrols due to trucks, and then didn't do anymore for my last two hours as the hostlers showed up and started moving hard, it just wasn't safe.

Again, nobody else seems to have issue with how we do our jobs, except this one fuckhead. But also, outside of two or three people, everyone has issue with fuckhead. That's telling.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
Again, nobody else seems to have issue with how we do our jobs, except this one fuckhead. But also, outside of two or three people, everyone has issue with fuckhead. That's telling.
"If you meet an asshole in the morning, you met an asshole. If you keep meeting assholes all day, you're the asshole."

-- Raylan Givens

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30633 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Talked to the Night Operations Manager, he says that if the 'tard wants me to patrol while they're there, then go ahead and do it. Meanwhile, the Lead Hostler/Yard Manager says if it's busy, do not patrol, it's simply unsafe.

Right now, both answers are acceptable, because Peak is over, it's gonna be real slow for a while, so at night the hostlers spend a lot of time sitting around waiting. I can patrol then. But once the day shift shows up, I'm gonna hide out in my shack. If Fuckhead doesn't like that, well tough titty, it's been declared unsafe by the guy who's gonna have to deal with any safety incidents, and y'all don't pay me near enough to engage in unsafe activities.

quote:

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Long ago, I did night security for a company that serviced a local college and a junkyard (of all things). The only time I got in trouble was when I broke tradition and told someone the truth.

Example: A "boss" was explaining to me why we didn't have to worry about this fake wrought-iron gate as much as another location. I turned sideways and stepped through the gate's stiles. I wasn't even particularly svelte, but I was apparently tactless.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Well, homedude got shitcanned today. He actually hasn't been able to have any contact with us in several months, any security issues had to go through a third party to get to us because of how shitty he treated us. A few months back he was such a douchecanoe, that a couple of us threatened to just walk, and our company terminated the contract for like eight minutes, before the General Manager begged us back, the stipulation being that dipshit have no contact with us.

Anyways, homie puts in his two weeks Monday, and can't even keep it together that long before acting like a salty snatch, so much so that the General Manager told him he's got 30 minutes to pack his shit and fuck off, and do not come back.

So tomorrow I'm bringing cupcakes to celebrate, and my coworker and I are getting sushi this weekend.

quote:

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

tomorrow I'm bringing cupcakes to celebrate
Meanwhile, back in New Jersey, there was a stripper named Cup Cake Cassidy.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30633 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Funny how idiots self destruct sometimes. Enjoy the cupcakes!

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Came in looking for a typical ASG rant. Was not disappointed by the end of the OP.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15246 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
It's always good when the bad guy gets his just reward. Enjoy the snacks !

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm a big fan of Malicious Compliance.

Cool! Thanks!

Oh, wait - nevermind!

Posts: 94 | Location: Michiana | Registered: September 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Sounds like they expect you to be doing the work of 2 or 3 people here...

Posts: 33749 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Malicious Compliance:
quote:

I'm a big fan of Malicious Compliance.

Cool! Thanks!

Oh, wait - nevermind!

43 posts in like 6 years....man.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:

So tomorrow I'm bringing cupcakes to celebrate, and my coworker and I are getting sushi this weekend.

Airsoft has the best comedic nature on Sig Forum. I like the cut of his jib, his signature, etc. Makes me laugh when he goes off and bitches. It’s like Carlin bitching about things. Kudos.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12614 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't like to bitch about my job too much. Okay, I bitch about it a lot, just not here. I mean, it's security and for the most part it's not a bad gig, I get weekends off, it's at night and I'm a night person, and I have a chair...

Funny, I don't recall ever seeing you actually use the chair though.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...6031561/m/7000006154

Or, maybe the chair could be of better utilized if deployed at the Spanaway site! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8862 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Just don t get your coattail caught in the gears.

The bigger the day planner they carry usually the less productive they are.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
ASG has a particular writing method that is entertaining to read. A lot of very creative adjectives, sometimes extreme. Reminds me of Tom Wolfe, a fairly irreverent writer. Except 99% irreverent. Big Grin

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7248 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post