SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Trying to find unscented antibacterial hand soap
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trying to find unscented antibacterial hand soap Login/Join 
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted
Getting a new tattoo tomorrow and I can't for the life of me find any unscented antibacterial foaming hand soaps anywhere. The last 3 ones I've gotten I've used Dial complete but it appears they don't make an unscented version anymore. And the ones that do make a foaming unscented soap appear to all be sold out because of the idiots buying up everything due to covid.

NEWS FLASH: Anti bacterial soap doesn't kill viruses any better than regular soap!

Posts: 6350 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
NEWS FLASH: Anti bacterial soap doesn't kill viruses any better than regular soap!

Nor are they better at killing bacteria than regular soap. "Antibacterial" is all marketing shit.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
We use simple DAWN dish soap and really hot water to clean. It's good enough for ducks and dishes. Razz

That followed by CHEMICAL GUYS alcohol antiseptic gel. My hands are feeling the constant attention.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
BahahahahHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh, Hell, NO!

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
Surgical soaps are available online. I don't know about local availability. These claim to actually kill stuff. I have no experience with their use on new tattoos.

Examples on Amazon

Posts: 4818 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Dial Gold is still available unscented. But it might be under their Professional line only. Check janitorial supply or hardware stores, instead of grocery stores or pharmacies.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
[Images only RichardC can see]

Confused

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve had 3 different surgeries and always sent home with this. Product does have an odor. Maybe a doc will chime in good or bad.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
quote:

Confused

They were Old Ivory Soap ads.

Dunno what happened.

Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
quote:
Confused
They were Old Ivory Soap ads.

Dunno what happened.
I can see the pictures when I read this thread on a Mac computer, but they are not there when I use my iPad. Very strange.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Weirdness. I didn't post from a MAC, iPhone, or iPad, either.

Another try:

I think Ivory offers an unscented, liquid soap.

and

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,

In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
I finally found some at Staples of all places. I realized after that the soap I used before wasn't actually unscented but was so mildly scented that it didn't really matter. Also found some Dial gold shortly thereafter although I prefer the foaming kind.

25% of the sleeve tattoo done yesterday!

Posts: 6350 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
My wife specializes in fragrance and dye free hand made soap. It's made with milk from our farm. Yes she ships. If you use the Book O Faces you can find her here.

Posts: 11222 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Meijer's carries the Gelo brand, they have a unscented soap.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Dove Beauty Bar is a good soap, lathers up really well, but it has a very slight fragrance. If you prefer it with no fragrance, the Sensitive Skin Dove Beauty Bar is the same soap without the fragrance.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post